Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-21 Brewers (Gallardo) at Pirates (Duke), 6:05 CDT [Brewers win, 8-0]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love seeing the good in Gomez! He got a walk and a nice hit! Of course he could have had another walk but decided to swing at balls but hey, progress. On a serious note, I don't know if any other guy besides maybe escobar scores on that little dribbler.

Gomez can be so good if he just develops any sort of plate discipline. I hope Sveum or whomever else are working hard with him to learn to take some pitches before flailing away.

Also, I don't get why Macha doesn't consider switching Escobar and Gomez in the lineup, especially after Escobar's back-to-back three baggers last night.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I agree about Gomez. Sounds like they are working their tails off to get him to take some pitches. It will be a long process and I hope he tries to absorb it and dosen't fight it. Problems is he might see some struggles. Hope he keeps his head up. I really like the rotation of our OF's right now and I like having Gerut there too. My hope is we can keep Edmonds fresh and still get Gomez enough starts to keep getting him work at the plate. I also would like to see him coming in late in games for D.

After he got that walk last night, he seemed to be joking with the dugout about the fact that he actually worked a walk (even though Schroeder was saying Gomez was laughing because Sedar was telling him to not run with Braun batting). To me that indicated that they were working very openly on it and he is at least trying to follow what they're telling him. Hopefully it can start clicking.

Archived