Brewer Fanatic

Wedding guestbook (bat) question...

GormanHarvey
So I'm getting hitched in just over a month and instead of having a regular guestbook to sign at the reception, we are going to have a wood baseball bat (or 2) to sign instead. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a good place to order the bat(s) from. Obviously looking for a nice bat at a decent price. Thanks in advance...

I'm very jeolous. Wish I would have thought of this 16 years ago! Then you get bat displays and hang them on a wall at home. Very cool.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I got married in Madison last summer. Through Nedrobos formalwear, if you order anything through them, you can get a huge discount on Rawlings official baseball bats engraved, which are in their product catalog. On the bats themselves, you can get up to thirty items per line - 3 lines total on the barrel.

I ordered 12 - one for me, all of the guys standing up, ushers, dads, etc. They looked awesome.

Final price was $42 per bat. They order them directly through the bat company. Orignal price (without their discount) was quoted at $58.

It was perfect. Worth every penny.....so if your still looking to order, please try through who your getting your tuxes from.

By the way, the bat that I ordered for my wife and I reads on the barrel

Joe and Alyssa (our names)

Our biggest Day

August 1st, 2009

They turned out great. Best of luck and congrats!

Awesome idea. I just sent the info to a buddy who is getting married at the end of the summer.

Gorman - Congrats on getting married and for finding a woman who will let you have bats in place of the guestbook!

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Hey thanks for the input and the congrats guys! I ordered the tuxes through Men's Wearhouse so I am going to check with them because I remember a mention of 25% discount on wedding party gifts through them.

jjkoestler - I lucked out!

Hey thanks for the input and the congrats guys! I ordered the tuxes through Men's Wearhouse so I am going to check with them because I remember a mention of 25% discount on wedding party gifts through them.

jjkoestler - I lucked out!

If you have 6 people getting tuxes with them, you get a free tux, or $400 off a suit of your choosing. I went with them for my wedding(june) as well.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Personally, I'd hate to ruin a nice bat with a bunch of signatures.
He's not ordering these bats to take batting practice, Al.

Is your wedding guest book prominently displayed in your home? If it is, I apologize, but I'm guessing most couples have theirs in a box or cabinet somewhere. These bats will be displayed, look great and remind them of the memories of their wedding day. Great idea!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm sure the cost has gone up some, but I had a personalized bat made a few years ago and I think it cost me about $40.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

We had "home plate" and small bases at our wedding for guests to sign. Bought them at the Fan Zone. Big home plate and 8" bases (roughly). Displayed on the rec room wall like a baseball diamond. We also had a regular guest book at the church (and again at the reception) in case people weren't going to make both and for those that felt more traditional. Congrats and good luck.

Anyone know what the prices are to get the personalized bats at Miller Park? That tent is set up at the Friday's corner for every game. Taking away shipping, the price might even out...

I checked last night, they're $75 at Miller Park. Pretty steep.

Here is a link to a preview of the bat we chose. Hopefully it works:

http://www.sluggergifts.c...&f4=B&sku=PEROLD

We also ordered a horizontal bat holder to display it in our home. Thanks again for all the suggestions/help!!

EDIT: The link works for the most part, except for some reason in only displays my name - haha! It should say Chad & Stephanie, but you get the gist...

Archived