Brewer Fanatic

Jarrod Washburn

Why? Why? Why? What's the logic in spending money on an over the hill lefty who no one wanted at his asking price in free agency, when you have 2 potential lefty starters in the bullpen in Narveson and Parra? I hope Davis turns it around, but if you jump ship on him, why bring in someone else? Or even bring up Estrada? In my estimation, anyone in our minor leagues is a better option than Washburn.

To be honest, signing Washburn wouldn't hurt. He likely would need some time in Extended Spring Training and then a month in the minors. He could have a June 15th AAA out-clause, allowing him to sign elsewhere or be called up, earning the pro-rated portion of a couple million dollar salary.

Why wouldn't they at least give Parra or Narveson a chance before jumping on him? Wouldn't signing Washburn just compound the problem of already having too many SPs with not enough spots?

Concerns over Davis are in addition to continuing concerns over Suppan so I don't think either of those two is out of the picture if they were to bring in Washburn. Frankly I would have preferred Washburn to Davis in the offseason. It would be surprising given their level of payroll if they added Washburn, but it would indicate they think this is a playoff caliber team.

Archived