Brewer Fanatic

Jeff Passan's Realignment idea

I continually laugh at all these measures at "competitive balance" when the real problems continue to be ignored...

Yes, this was covered in Forbes and by several recent AP articles. Still, I don't see what it has to do with this thread at all.

How about realignment based on Forbes...either team value or annual revenue.

Based on franchise values:

$700,000,000+ division
Yankees
Mets
Red Sox
Dodgers
Cubs

5 additional divisions based on geography.

Or an alternative acceptable alignment would be:

$1 billion+ League
NY Yankees

The not Yankees league
29 teams (divided into 6 divisions)

Inter-league play is eliminated. The Yankees play with themselves all season long...

I don't think an NL team was offered to move. It was an AL team that needed to be moved. KC was offered first, Mil second.

You might be right. I'd swear that I read something about Selig asking the Astros if they wanted to move (I think maybe when the D-Backs and Rays came into the league?) but I could well be wrong. It was a few years ago, anyway.

Still, it should be obvious that the divisions should be balanced out. There is no justification for having one six team division. None.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

MLB doesn't want to have year long interleague play. That isn't likely to change, its likes the big weekends interleague play causes.
I know, but I think that's bad reasoning. I'd rather have interleague play all year anyway. I think this artificial separation between the leagues is archaic.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived