Lucroy/Salome thread

battlekow

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville Press Release:

Hot-Hitting Lucroy Promoted To Sounds

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Catcher Jonathan Lucroy, the #5 prospect in the Milwaukee Brewers organization as rated by Baseball America, has been promoted to the Nashville Sounds and will be in uniform for tonight's 7:05 p.m. game against Oklahoma City.

The 23-year-old backstop opened the year at Double-A Huntsville and is currently 7th among all minor league players with a .452 batting average (19-for-42) through 10 games of action.

Lucroy has hit safely in each of his 10 games this season for the Stars, including six multiple-hit efforts. His 19 hits rank 5th in the minors, and he has posted three doubles and five RBIs.

His .452 average currently tops the Southern League, as do his 19 hits and .500 on-base percentage.

In 2009, Lucroy batted .267 with 32 doubles, nine home runs, and 66 RBIs in 125 for Huntsville, where he was a Southern League mid-season All-Star selection. He participated in the Arizona Fall League after the season.

Lucroy, Milwaukee's 3rd round selection in the June 2007 draft, has been an All-Star selection in each of his three professional seasons. In addition, he was a non-roster invitee to Brewers Major League spring training each of the past two years.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
I just looked at Salome's stats and he has only played in 5 of 12 games and caught 4; is he hurt?

Missed several games for the birth of his second child in New York City, but perhaps there's something nagging that has precipitated this move with Lucroy. One would have expected Salome to play in Monday's game, for instance, and he did not.

is it possible he's headed to Milwaukee? They had a long look at him at least helping during camp. With his spotty playing time, he might be comfortable in a Kottaras role, being groomed behind someone withe experience. (with apologies to those who are pining for Kottaras over Zaun).

EDIT: please dont be PEDs, please dont be PEDs..

With Zaun and Kottaras both competing to be worse than Kendall was last year, I think the Brewers will be putting Lucroy on the fast track to the big leagues. If Jon shows he can handle AAA I'm guessing he gets called up in June. Which then Macha (if he's still the skipper by then) will give Zaunbie about 90% of the starts behind the dish and Lucroy will lose his mojo.

I don't think Salome has done anything to play himself out of a job. You can't blame the guy for going home for his child being born. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't suppose one of the two is going to be playing something other than catcher?

How about the fact he doesn't play? He only got in 82 games last year and only 68 in 2007.

Salome is at catcher or DH. Lucroy could possibly play 1B but he doesn't project that well there. Either are better off traded than trying to shoehorn them somewhere else.

Did you guys miss Invader's post? Salome is on the family inactive list.
I think people are confused because he was put on the inactive list for the birth of his child, then returned, and is now apparently back on the list.

Tom Haudricourt | JS Staff - Apr 20, 2010 3:32 PM

Jonathan Lucroy was promoted to Nashville because Angel Salome went on the voluntary inactive list to return home for the birth of a baby. Salome left last week when his wife supposedly was ready to give birth but it was a false alarm and he rejoined the team. Well, apparently this time, she's really going to have the baby, so he went back to New York again. Because Lucroy has been playing so well in Huntsville, the Brewers thought this would be a good time to promote him and let him play some games at the Triple-A level.

Archived