Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-20 Brewers (Bush) at Pirates (Morton), 6:05 CDT [Brewers win, 8-1]

afeter
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 pitches "crushed" to the warning track and 4 walks is now a poor outing. Wow. For Doug Davis, 3 pitches crushed and 4 walks is a pretty decent inning.

Except in his last game Davis had I think 2 pitches crushed and he walked none, he just had a bunch of groundballs that went through holes for singles. I'm not sure Bush really pitched any better this game than Davis did in his last game. The results can just vary that much randomly.

Was listening to the game on the radio so I didn't see it but I'm very happy with this start by Bush. Gave up some hard hit balls but battled to keep guys from scoring. It was not dominate but it was a good start.

Can't wait for today!

I heard exactly one at-bat of this game on the radio last night (one of Dave Bush's when it was 6-0), despite being within radio range of Pittsburgh all evening. They must have put the Pirates on an alternate, low power station so the others could carry the Pens. In contrast, we had perfectly fine radio access to the Rockies-Nationals, Cubs-Mets, Rangers-Red Sox, and Phillies-Braves - so at least we had occasional score updates for the Brewers.

So, nice game; or at least, nicer end result than we've seen lately. I hope this means the Brewers have broken the "one slipped away loss, one beatdown, one scrapped out win" pattern of their last three series.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived