Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Tue. 4/20 -- Sea Cows fall in Morning Affair; Marco Estrada Looks To Stay Unscored Upon

Mass Haas

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Tuesday's Daily Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: RHP Marco Estrada at home vs. Oklahoma City (Rangers), 6:50 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Huntsville: RHP Alex Periard at West Tenn (Mariners), 6:50 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Brevard County: RHP Wily Peralta at Lakeland (Tigers), 9:30 AM gametime

Sorry, no audio for this series...

Wisconsin: RHP Damon Krestalude at home vs. Cedar Rapids (Angels), 6:20 PM pre-game; 6:35 gametime

Live Audio Link

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Even though RHP Damon Krestalude is now a non-tandem starter in a newly configured Rattler rotation, don't expect too many pitches out of him today. He's only had three days' rest since combining with Jake Odorizzi on the one-hitter last Friday in which Krestalude tossed four innings.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Tuesday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

Nashville (Gameday also available)

Huntsville (Gameday also available)

Brevard County

Wisconsin

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK 
Nashville 8 4 .667 - 1-3 7-1 L2 
Iowa 6 6 .500 2.0 3-5 3-1 W2 
Memphis 5 7 .417 3.0 1-3 4-4 W1 
Omaha 5 7 .417 3.0 2-6 3-1 W1 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings
Tennessee 9 2 .818 - 4-1 5-1 W3 
Huntsville 7 4 .636 2.0 3-2 4-2 W3 
Carolina 6 5 .545 3.0 2-4 4-1 L1 
Chattanooga 4 7 .364 5.0 3-3 1-4 W1 
West Tenn 4 7 .364 5.0 1-5 3-2 L3 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings
Clearwater 8 4 .667 - 6-1 2-3 W1 
Lakeland 6 5 .545 1.5 3-1 3-4 W1 
Dunedin 6 6 .500 2.0 2-2 4-4 W1 
Tampa 6 6 .500 2.0 4-3 2-3 L1 
Daytona 5 7 .417 3.0 1-4 4-3 L1 
Brevard County 4 7 .364 3.5 3-5 1-2 L2

Brewer Fanatic Staff
MID Western (click column headers to sort)
Club W L PCT GB Home Away L 10 Streak
Quad Cities 9 3 .750 - 5-1 4-2 8-2 L1
Beloit 7 5 .583 2.0 4-2 3-3 6-4 W4
Peoria 7 5 .583 2.0 3-0 4-5 6-4 W4
Cedar Rapids 6 6 .500 3.0 4-2 2-4 5-5 W1
Kane County 6 6 .500 3.0 5-4 1-2 6-4 L1
Clinton 5 7 .417 4.0 3-3 2-4 4-6 L3
Wisconsin 5 7 .417 4.0 3-3 2-4 3-7 W1
Burlington 3 9 .250 6.0 3-3 0-6 2-8 L4

Well, the shuttle managed to land this morning, so I'm guessing the weather should be clear enough to play ball as well. Hopefully the extra day of rest helped the hitters get ready to support Wily. I wonder if Davis is progressing as planned. He should be eligible to return in the next couple of days (22nd I think?).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That BC lineup is sort of brutal without Davis. Peralta not all that sharp this morning.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Man I feel bad for Brewer. Wonder if he regrets not taking that football scholarship to FSU? 8Ks and 1BB so far this year (not including today). Hope it comes together for him soon.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Man I feel bad for Brewer. Wonder if he regrets not taking that football scholarship to FSU?
He did get $600K to sign.
Man I feel bad for the Brewers. Wonder if they regret him not taking that football scholarship to FSU? (there, homer's statement is corrected) http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Brewer Fanatic Staff

PDF document:

Nashville Media Notes (Put together prior to any update on the Jonathan Lucroy promotion or any news on Angel Salome's status)

The Sounds welcome Hernan Iribarren back to Greer Stadium tonight.

Another name from the past --

ESTRADA LAYING DOWN THE LAW: Right-hander Marco Estrada makes his third start in tonight’s series opener and brings a perfect 0.00 ERA to the hill. In two outings, the 26-year-old has held opponents to four hits in 13.0 scoreless frames, striking out nine batters and allowing a miniscule .098 opponent average (4-for-41) along the way. Claimed off waivers by the Brewers from the Washington Nationals on February 3rd, Estrada was curiously robbed of the league’s initial Pitcher of the Week award despite leading all PCL starting pitchers in ERA and WHIP (0.46) and placing 2nd in opponent batting average (Will Inman, .094) over the first 10 days of action.

The 23-year-old Inman's stats thus far -- seven walks in his ten innings, though

Final: Lakeland 5, Brevard County 3

Brevard County box score

Wily Peralta punished me for putting him so high on my Power 50 ballot, allowing five runs (four earned) in four innings, surrendering five hits, four walks, and a hitter batter and striking our four. Next time, Wily. Five runs, obviously, was too much for the anemic Manatees offense to overcome, though the keystone combo atop the order, Brent Brewer and Sergio Miranda, had a nice day, the former 2-5 and the latter 3-5 with a double. Matt Cline was also 3-5, and Erik Komatsu had a single. I love that at Brevard County, it's notable when you get a single.

Brevard County play-by-play

Komatsu's single was about all that went right in his day at the plate. He was doubled off second immediately after it, and his final three at-bats ended innings, leaving runners on first & second twice and first & third once.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Over 2,200 on what must have been a school outing day in Lakeland, which traditionally has one of the lowest, if not the lowest, attendance in all of minor league baseball (Sunday's attendance was 294).

Stu in Nashville with his latest blog entry, on finally losing a series, and more. (No, nothing on the breaking update in the catching situation.)

I think the Angels have a good one in their young CF'er, Mike Trout. Fast as a devil, he stole two bases tonight including HOME!
I wonder whether the Brewers would have drafted Trout or Arnett had the Angels not taken Trout right in front of them.

Cain's hitting streak now at 12. All singles.

Periard is an enigma to me... He works in the low 90s with a good sinking FB, has a good BB rate, but his K rate is pedestrian and his results just haven't been great. If I had to guess he doesn't really have an out pitch, but only being able to listen on the radio it's just tough to get any kind of feel for him. I really wish he would break out, I've been on his bandwagon so long I'm not going to jump off now.

I shouldn't have picked Lawrie for my beat the streak player, but I felt bad because I hadn't used him or Cain yet. I regretted it the moment I locked him in, which is odd given how good of a prospect he is.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Man I feel bad for Brewer. Wonder if he regrets not taking that football scholarship to FSU? 8Ks and 1BB so far this year (not including today). Hope it comes together for him soon.

He had the chance this past year to go back to football but he chose baseball turning down the Javon Walker path.

Archived