Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-17 Non-Brewers IGT

thablingster
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the fact that there is a High School baseball game at Busch after this game is over. Awesome!

edit: There's no way Pujols pitches with having elbow surgery during the off-season.

Oh, and Jaime Garcia looked dang good. Again. On National TV. Again. Maybe it wasn't just us.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I love the fact that there is a High School baseball game at Busch after this game is over. Awesome!

edit: There's no way Pujols pitches with having elbow surgery during the off-season.

Oh, and Jaime Garcia looked dang good. Again. On National TV. Again. Maybe it wasn't just us.

Just like it wasn't just us with Ubaldo Jiminez?

That's tough for the high schoolers, though.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah, I know there's no way Pujols pitches, I probably should have posted that in blue.

Community Moderator
Despite the Brewers' misfortunes, today reminded me why baseball is such an awesome sport. There were many NBA and NHL playoff games today, but 2 remarkable baseball games are going to lead off Sportscenter tonight.

That's the thing about sports. You can have a favorite team, but even if that team isn't doing well, if you love the sport you'll still find enjoyment by watching other games. The Brewers game was thoroughly dejecting, but that Mets-Cardinals game was fun to watch.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Tim McCarver was hilarious to listen to - but not intentionally. He was acting as if Lopez and Mather were guys that the Cardinals just pulled out of the stands to pitch. His quotes were something like:

On Lopez in the stretch: "I can't believe he remembered to pause before throwing home, this is something he might have seen on TV before!"

Or, Tim, everyday the past 15 years as he played organized baseball.

On Mather covering first base on a ball hit to Pujols: (In a voice of pure disbelief) "and Mather is there to cover first base, I can't believe what I am seeing!"

Really Tim? You cant believe a major league baseball player would even think to cover first base on a play like that?

There were others too, oh yeah, a classic "Does this game even count??" right around the 18th or 19th inning.

Also, Tony LaRussa was coaching that game like he had bet against the Cards to win. Not pinch hitting for his pitcher in the 12th and 14th with runners on third. Some reason taking out Matt Holliday. Sending Ryan Ludwick on the first pitch to Pujols with nobody out - are you serious? Not to mention the intentional passes to load the bases to of all people HENRY BLANCO while the position player on the mound CLEARLY cannot throw a strike.

Archived