Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-17 Brewers (Wolf) at Nationals (Hernandez), 12:05 PM CDT; [Brewers lose, 8-0]

I think we might need to accept that Melvin is/was great at rebuilding a team from the worst team in baseball to a wildcard team, but perhaps we really need a different GM to take us to the next level. Selling low on Hardy and Hall really hamstrung this team a little. The same could be said of Hart and Parra. Are we going to wait till the trade value of those 2 gets to Bill Hall '09 level before we deal them?

I know hindsight is 20/20 but with a small market team, shrewd trades of players on the upswing with a few years left on contracts can really help keep the talent stock high

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just when you think we've met our quota of defensive gaffes for the day, there's good ol' Corey Hart with an inability to field a ball on a slow hop.

This team's pitching and defense is despicable. What a crappy year we're being treated to so far....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

This is the first game that I have been able to watch this entire year. I cannot watch this garbage any more. firekenmacha.com anyone? It really looks like he has lost this team with this "effort".
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I don't know if Macha has indeed "lost the team", but if this type of uninspired play continues, we can look to this game as the "beginning of the end".

Silver lining moment: if that is the case, this might be my favorite Brewers game of the year. The faster we get rid of Ken Macha, the better as far as I'm concerned

The Brewers and Subway should enter a promo agreement by which any time the Brewers give up 5 or fewer runs 5 Dollar Footlongs are buy one, get one the next day. (Sort of an inverse Webb's promotion) You'd have to think Subway's exposure on this would be minimal.

Archived