Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-17 Brewers (Wolf) at Nationals (Hernandez), 12:05 PM CDT; [Brewers lose, 8-0]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the wrong place for this post, but it is how this game is making me feel. Maybe they'll come back, and I hope they do.

I'm not mad. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed that I believed that a small market team with this little margin for error could be a regular winner. Baseball, I believe, is the toughest game there is when it comes to fielding a winning team. It's what I like about it, and it's what I hate about the Wild Card (though, in practice I think it basically works, as long as they don't expand it). I imagine the Brewers winning a World Series and I think about how much it would thrill me. I wouldn't just be happy, I'd probably be near tears happy. But, right now, today, I just don't know how I can ever believe they'll be competitive, and that makes me depressed, because I love baseball and I want my team to win.

Sorry if that's too much of a rant for an in game thread.

You may run like Mays...

This game is incredibly depressing to watch.

Btw...I really hate Pudge, but would he not have been a better option than Zaun or Kottaras? I'm sure he would rather have played for us than Washington (Or maybe not after this series)

Not too much of a rant. I've accepted I'll probably never see the Brewers win the World Series, I just want them to be competitive and make the playoffs on a semi-regular basis (ie. more than once every 20-30 years).

This team is just looking incredibly sloppy right now. This defense is looking like the laughable Cubs defense we saw earlier in the week, and that is just sad.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

cnycerveceros , they had everything in place in '08 to make a real run in the playoffs if Sheets had been healthy. Sabathia, Sheets and Gallardo would've been a very strong staff in a playoff series. (Of course if Sheets had been healthy they might not have traded for Sabathia, but I digress)

Keep the faith, it is possible. I think we need a better GM and Manager, but it is possible

There is no emotion in the team, it looks as if they are just going through the emotions. I'm not saying there needs to be a change at all, but Macha is as stone faced as possible, maybe a reflection of their manager?

Probably the wrong place for this post, but it is how this game is making me feel. Maybe they'll come back, and I hope they do.

I'm not mad. I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed that I believed that a small market team with this little margin for error could be a regular winner. Baseball, I believe, is the toughest game there is when it comes to fielding a winning team. It's what I like about it, and it's what I hate about the Wild Card (though, in practice I think it basically works, as long as they don't expand it). I imagine the Brewers winning a World Series and I think about how much it would thrill me. I wouldn't just be happy, I'd probably be near tears happy. But, right now, today, I just don't know how I can ever believe they'll be competitive, and that makes me depressed, because I love baseball and I want my team to win.

Sorry if that's too much of a rant for an in game thread.

Its awfully early, I think we could still put together a winning season. Fielder is playing like crap and you gotta think Yo will regain form.

If it continues to go like this we might as well trade Fielder soon and build for 2-3 years down the road again. I really hate baseball's system. We did a great job of building our team from ruins. Melvin may have been a better GM than Cashman but yet is forced to rebuild yet again.

Right now, this teams' performance is an embarrassment.
I would agree, they have not allowed less then 4 runs in a game yet. That is pretty bad and most game it has been 5 or more runs given up.

Oh yeah and they are making Hernandez look like the guys that won a World Series for the Marlins in 1997.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived