Brewer Fanatic

Would you trade Hall for Arod?

You'd think that, but teams would rather overspend on free agents than take on slightly bad contracts. Look at Philly trying to move Abreu and Burell. Abreu was dumped for squat and Burell looks to follow suit. And looking at Burell for 2 years vs Lee for 4 at basically the same salary should be a no brainer. but Philly will ahve trouble dumping Burell but teams will lineup for Lee.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as the Yankees are dumping bad contracts and sending money this way ( the original premise - not that the Yankees have said they are doing it) why not get back one of their over priced pitchers. The deals involving Sheets or Capuano make the most sense to me from a New york perspective, why not have them include a guy like Pavano (what kind of injury did he have? Is it something he can come back from?) Could certainly offer Koskie as a stop gap to replace A-Rod.

How about:

Sheets or Cappy, Koskie and a mid-level pitching prospect

for

A-Rod, Pavano ( or other starter whose stock has fallen), a prospect or 2 and a boatload of cash to cover at least half the cost of the contracts.

I mention Pavano because I know there was interest in him when he was free agent - I do not know his current status, but I don't trade Sheets or Cappy without a pitcher coming back who has proven in the bast that he can get the job done. A reclamation project maybe, but nobody who has been repacement level his whole career.

As for the original thread - put me down for A-Rod and money for Hall.

I've never seen so many bad or impossible trade proposals.

To get the 2nd best player in all of baseball it would take.

Chris Capuano

Geoff Jenkins (Contract)

Derrick Turnbow (was an All-Star)

Yovanni Gallardo (or another top pitching prospect)

Ryan Braun (Future 3b for Yanks)

This Deal Would do it But is it Worth it? I use to think build a minor league system so you have consistant talent. But know I like the Marlin Philosophy buy a championship when the possibility arises.

After thinking over the Deal I would do it but if Sheets were to get hurt again it would take a 350. BA 56 HR 150RBI year from A ROD for us to make the playoffs. Without other Injuries.

It would then bring up pitching what do we do? With Mench or Hardy being expendable I think they may bring another Bush type deal.

I think that Capuano plus Koskie and maybe Inman might be enough to get Arod. I am not exactly thrilled of the whole idea of trading Bill Hall for Arod, but I would do it in a heartbeat with most of the rest of you. I think Cashman is blowing smoke about wanting to keep Arod in New York, just as Arod is blowing smoke about wanting to be a Yankee for the rest of his life. Do I think that he would be willing to accept a trade to a team like Milwaukee, where the pressure and expectations are not as high? I think he would, and I think he would be a much happier person for it.

I will indulge the notion that Yankees would take a call from Melvin on ARod.

If I am the Yankees GM the discussion starts with Sheets and Cappy.

I need young pitchers.

I need young major league pitchers.

I don't want prospects or OFers.

I have tons of overpaid OFs. Hall would be nice and he goes to 3B.

I want ;

Sheets

Hall

Capellaen

Rogers (upside guy)

Just an awful trade for Brewers...

• 11 years later...

Archived