Brewer Fanatic

Would you trade Hall for Arod?

A-Rod's going to be a hall of famer and plays in a town that thinks he's garbage, if further insulted by being asked to approve a trade, I think there's a good chance he does it. Dude has been treated like garbage there, and if I were in his shoes I'd be all about a move out of town.

Granted, he may very well not approve a trade to Milwaukee, but it seems very plausible that he'd approve a trade to a contender.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he's going to approve a trade

"I've never run from problems. I don't want to go anywhere. I'm committed to come back and have a monster year."

"I'm 100 percent committed to being a Yankee. That's the only place I want to play."

Like I said - he wants to stay there and prove himself to these idiot fans.

Personally, I think Arod moves to a smaller market.

It drives me crazy to see him get all the blame for a team that had no offense the last three games of this series. As we all know, there's no I in team. Giambi criticizing him kills me when he stuck a needle in his rear when the pressure got to him.

My opinion is that the Brewers could give up Davis, Gwynn, and Eveland or ZJ and get Arod.

I also think that Hall could net him, straight up, if we take the rest of his salary.

It's easy to spend someone else's money....I'd do it for sure but will Attanasio do it? Of course not.

He may well not do it at full price, but under the premise of the thread (yankees pay half), he's much cheaper than what Lee was offered and it'd be the biggest fleecing in recent history. Only Bud Selig would think of turning it down.

New York is only on the hook for $16 million each year in 2007 and 2008, $17 million in 2009 and $18 million in 2010. Even at full salary, you could dump Jenkins, not make another big move over those four years and conceivably could make if happen. Of course, that's "could" while "will" is about 1 in 50,000.

No he's NOT. Derek Jeter is a better Shortstop than A-Rod. Thats why they MOVED A-ROD

Sorry, but that's completely false. Jeter didn't get moved because he's The Captain and they'd never think of making him move. ARod is far, far superior defensively. It's not even that close.

A-Rod is 31 wont turn 32 till next July.

I would love for A-Rod to come to Milwaukee and even proposed a trade on the JSonline board. I got laughed off the board because they say A-Rod sucks and wont be traded

My trade was

Capuano

Zach Jackson

Mark Rogers/Will Inman

For Alex Rodriguez and $20 Million making Rodriguez's deal worth 12 million a season.

What do you guys think of the trade. I dont know exactly how much we have to give up. Maybe we take Rogers or Inman out of the deal and make it Capuano and Jackson. I dont know if they go for it.

I think that is what it will take though

I think Sheets or Cappy is what they'd want too, maybe they want Hall, maybe not, they might be able to find a 3B in free agency too, pitching is clearly the need over there.

I really don't think the Brewers would let Sheets go right now, and he's got a no trade at this point anyway, so Cappy it is.

Here's a post from "MGL" at BBTF about trading A-Rod or anyone:

Quote:
Why would a team expect to give up anything for A-Rod when he comes with a gigantic salary? You shouldn't give up ANYTHING for a FA contract unless that player is being underpaid compared to the current market. Obviously there is supply and demand at work (if there are few FA available and you absolutely must have a FA player, you may have to offer something in order to get someone else's FA in mid-contract), but in general, you don't trade players, you trade players and their contracts and the value of that player/contract is the difference between the player's $ value (based on his short and long-term marginal win above replacent projection) and the value of his contract. If that number if zero or less, you should not expect to have to give up anything to acquire him.

There is this silly idea, mostly among fans, that if you want to acquire a great or good player in a trade, you have to give something of good or great value in return. As I said, that is generally not true.

All of the above is epsecially (even more) true if they eliminate FA draft compensation in the collective bargaining agreement.

Don't misunderstand me. It is OK to trade for a good or great player who has a "fair" contract (the assumption is that I am acquiring that contract) and give up a player or players who also have "fair" contracts. Again, the "value" you should consider in trades has virtually (not 100%) nothing to do with how good or bad the player is. It is the difference between his instrinsic value (as measured by marginal wins) and his contract.

If I have an average player (say, 2 wins above replacement) and he is making 500,000 a year, if I trade him, I should expect to get a similar player or players (2 wins above replacement) who is/are making 500,000 or some prospects or young players (who are underpaid). If I want to trade a superstar who is being overpaid (say Jeter), I should expect to get nothing, and even more accurately, I should expect to have to pay some of his salary or give something up of value in addition to the superstar (who by definition, has no or negative trade value because of his "unfair" contract).

Most teams understand this concept I think. You really can't help understanding it, for example, when a team like Boston wants to "trade" Manny (teams realize, "As good a playe as he is, why would I want to inherit that constract?" ) . On the other hand, many teams make trades as if they DON'T understand it...

Hall can reasonably play SS and is cheap for 3 years. A-Rod probably can't play SS any longer (and may actually be a below average defender at 3B now) and isn't cheap. ARod is obviously the better hitter but he's also paid like he is. As others have said, the Yankees would have to agree to pay a big chunk of his contract to make the trade worth it.

I am fascinated with A-Rod, and I want to see the Brewers aggressively go after him. The idea of having more star power really appeals to me. But I am not eager to give up much if we are going to pay all 16 million dollars. I just don't think it makes baseball sense to take on that contract AND give up a big chunk of talent.

Even if the Yankees are willing to pay some of that salary, I am not sure I would want to trade Hall unless the Yankees offered something else attractive along with A-Rod. I just don't think the difference in production would offset the increased cost.

I really prefer to see Hall and A-Rod in the same lineup. The Brewers need to find a way to add without really subtracting (like they did when they traded Podesdnik for Lee)

I wonder if the Yankees would take prospects?

Remember (which I'm sure most of you do) A-Rod played in Apple ton coming up with the Mariners and did enjoy it. I think the Yanks will try to move him and I'd love for him to accept a trade to the Crew (and the Yanks pick up the salary), but I guess I just don't see it happening. It's going to take a solid group of vets and maybe a prospect to even have the Yankees thinking about it. Many of you think he's still great (I do too), but that means the Yanks won't give him up cheaply unless there are some more rants and stuff in the off-season. My guess is if it's a quiet off-season and the Yanks don't rip on A-Rod, it would take at least Hall and Sheets to get him. Hall maybe had a career year or even if he matches those numbers or exceeds them is a little comparable to A-Rod and Sheets trade value has to be that of a solid #3 right now due to injuries. I think it would take Rickie or Prince to get this thing rolling.

With the dearth of quality free agent bats this offseason,the Yankees should be in a strong position if they wanted to move A-Rod.You have guys like Soriano and Lee asking for 15 million a year,if A-Rod is making 16 million,he's a much more attractive option than Carlos Lee.

Archived