Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-15 Brewers (Suppan) at Cubs (Zambrano), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-6]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bet Suppan is somewhat of a joke to the other teams. I can see the Cubs licking their chops waiting to face him today.

yes, I would agree with this this. Unfortunately, it doesn't work the same way that it does for us. You know, when the Brewers play some AAAA rookie in his debut or a guy with an 0-8 record and 8.97 ERA in 80+ IP. And then we all lick our chops for a big win.

And then we get shutout on 2 hits.

Just doesn't work that way with Suppan for other teams, now does it?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So with Suppan starting shouldn't either Gomez or Gerut be playing center field?

Unless they are playing in the bleachers it won't matter.

But hey that was really the wind...

Maybe the Brewers could sign the Happy Youngster for Soup's starts. They could go with Gomez & Braun in the outfield with Happy in the bleachers.

Soup is no more of a joke than any other 5-5.25 ERA pitcher. Unlike Brewer fans, Cubs hitters don't care how large his contract is.
That's true, but the Cubs have gotten to see this one year in and year out for the last six or seven years, and familiarity breeds a reputation.

Everyone looks like Scott Karl today.

Only 1 in 1 inning is not too bad.

Deja vu. Sad that we are OK with a 9.0 ERA

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived