Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-15 Brewers (Suppan) at Cubs (Zambrano), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-6]

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We almost got Ken Macha'ed there as Hoffman needed 5 outs for the save. When Gomez batted in the 9th he should have been put in the game to play CF with Edmonds moving over to Right. If an amateur like myself knows that, why doesn't Macha?

Everybody, calm down. Bob Brenly said that Corey Hart is a better right fielder than Jody Gerut. Therefore, we should all be happy that Hart was out there, or it would have been worse.

Suppan did a good job. Not a great job, but good enough. I wish people here could at least admit it.

Feels good to see Hoffman get the save, at any rate.

I was pleasantly surprised by Suppan's outing. I missed the 2nd inning damage, but from the rest of what I saw, he seemed to have decent command, especially considering he just came off the DL. Yeah, he served a couple up, but overall, his stuff was ok today. 4 runs in 5 innings isn't some great performance, but he pitched better than Zambrano and the wind was not doing the pitchers any favors.

Pleasantly surprised? 4 runs in 5 innings for a 7.20 ERA is en route to getting DFA'ed.

I suppose, considering we won the game, getting a win and a step closer to Suppan leaving the franchise is a pleasant surprise

If 4 runs in 5 innings is a good job, I would hate to see what a bad job would have looked like. Sad our expectations of Suppan were so low that his outing today is considered good. That includes you Doug Melvin. I'm glad they won, but it doesn't do much for the problem, and that is Jeff Suppan.

I gotta admit that the moment Corey Hart misplayed the fly ball in the 9th inning, I had a "Kevin Barker" flashback. I was convinced the Cubs were going to rally back and at least tie the game. Thank god the Brewers held on . . . although it did get scary.

I'll take the ugly win, but it would be nice to have a convincing victory for a change. Even when this team wins, they still look like a total mess.

On a side note . . . these Cubs vs. Brewers games give me ulcers and headaches. I don't think there is a more obnoxious set of games between any two teams in all of sports.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b273/AJAY_02/brewers1-med.gif?t=1271370623

If you are going to try to judge a pitcher on one game pitched going by ERA is about the absolute worst way you could go about it. Suppan pitched ok, not great but ok. If he gives that kind of effort every game we'll be ok and his ERA will be in that 4.75-5.25 range that most expect.

I caught the start of the game on the radio, then went on lunch and got to watch soup for a little bit. I was content with the job he did, I expected much much worse, but that dinger that Byrd hit was WAAYY gone, and reminded me that all that soup is, is a big meatball pitcher. Besides giving up the two homers, his breaking stuff was going where it needed to most of the time, and he seemed to have decent command of his fastball.

Braun had a really good game too, and the hitters were really focused today. I too never want to play the cubs again, however if we do have to I hope it would be Zambrano every time, the dude is just a headcase.

Lastly, I think that after this series, the Cubbies have made sure that they have the worst defensive outfield in the league. Man it was painful watching Soriano and Fukudome during the games. Then again, Corey had some awful plays today too. Corey to Chicago anyone?

Archived