Brewer Fanatic

Just got back from New York...

and all the offseason dominos are going to start and fall with the New York Yankees. It is already stunning to hear them replacing Torre with Panella. But this station set forth 5 goals for the offseason inorder for a quick rebuild. One had to do with the Brewers.

They said that they wanted to trade Alex Rodriguez to the Florida Marlins for Dontrell Willis.

Sign Hank Blalock to play 3rd.

Finding a way to get Andy Pettite back to NYC.

Getting what you can for Jason Giambi, dump Gary Sheffield.

and then the kicker, their key to their offseason is find a way to get Ben Sheets. Then they started talking about different deals to get him. They were all laughable, laughable like a home team always believes they can get somebody for crap. But then one caller called in and brought up a decent trade I think for the Brewers...what do you think?

Yankees get:

P Ben Sheets

P Matt Wise

2B Rickie Weeks

a midlevel prospect

Brewers get:

2B Robinson Cano

OF Melky Caberra

Again this was just a rumor a caller had, I just thought it was interesting. New York is such a fun place when it comes to sports.

that is a horrible deal. Cano and Cabrera? They have got to be kidding! Sheesh, they are homers for making that offer. No way the Yankees are getting Sheeter AND Weeks for those two clowns.

(okay, Cano did fine this year and last but I'll still pass)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What happened to them always saying he was overrated?

I'll point out if you want to hear really horrible sports talk, listen online to WFAN in NY. The rumors and stuff they come up with are usually hillarious.

Blalock's not even close to being a FA, and Giambi is going to be virtually impossible to trade.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The Hank Blalock that had a .726 OPS this year, with 16 homers in 640+ plate appearances? In Texas? THAT Hank Blalock?

They want him to replace A-Rod?

At this point I wouldn't want Blalock for OUR 3rd baseman, unless he was at a huge discount.

His BA and SLG have gone down each of the last 4 years, and his OPS away from Texas the last 4 years is .695.

Over rated.

Seems like A-Rod's stock has fallen really bad in NY... I wonder if the Yankees will accept an offer of Davis and Wise for A-Rod?

Quote:
Yankees get:

P Ben Sheets

P Matt Wise

If the Yankees want Sheets and Wise, they will probably have to offer A-Rod, Chien-Ming Wang, Melky Caberra and Philip Hughes. I wouldn't mind adding Jenkins and Koskie to sweeten this deal for the Yankees.

Edit: Add Koskie

Sign Hank Blalock to play 3rd.

Yeah, except he's signed through 2008. Plus, he's not very good and is living off past potential. Still, I'd love to see him there because it helps ensure either a postseason flop or missing the playoffs all together.

Finding a way to get Andy Pettite back to NYC.

That's very reasonable, again another move I'd love to see them make, as he will probably sign a deal that takes him to age 38.

.Yankees get:

P Ben Sheets

P Matt Wise

2B Rickie Weeks

a midlevel prospect

Brewers get:

2B Robinson Cano

OF Melky Caberra

Well why don't they just throw in Phillip Hughes and have us add Fielder, Yo, and Braun?

Cano is very good, but he's nowhere near worth that kind of return, as Cabrera is of little more than throw-in quality. If they want that return they're gonna have to talk about A-Rod, not Cano.

But then one caller called in and brought up a decent trade I think for the Brewers...what do you think?

Yankees get:

P Ben Sheets

P Matt Wise

2B Rickie Weeks

a midlevel prospect

Brewers get:

2B Robinson Cano

OF Melky Caberra

I love how they want the Brewers to include a prospect.I've seen some really silly trade proposals on message boards,but this one is close to being the worst.

If the Yankees are viewing A-Rod as a player they're anxious to shed, then this is the sort of trade proposal we need to be seeing:

Yankees get:

Doug Davis

Matt Wise

mid-grade grade prospect (Krynzel) or Jenkins

Brewers get:

A-Rod

some $$ toward A-Rod's contract

+ something else to thank them for relieving them of that burden and taking on that contract

Regarding that original proposal, if one views the rest of the majors as their own farm system with prospects or stars for the taking, as the Yankees seem to do, wouldn't you expect such one-sided, ridiculous trade proposals?

I hate the Yankees.

Just out of curiousity, what about a monster like...

Mil. gives up-

Capuano/Davis (Lefty ace who can give quality start after quality start)

Koskie (3 bagger who provides a solid steadying voice in a locker room full of characters. You have to imagine he and Jeter would mesh much better than A-Rod and Jeter)

Capellan (Young fireballer to put away in the bullpen)

Braun (Goes without saying that his value decreases when you acquire A-Rod and his value increases with the Yankees, especially with Duncan looking like Giambi's heir)

Inman/Rogers (I'd prefer they take Rogers, but I would imagine they would prefer Inman if they gave up Hughes.)

NY gives us-

A-Rod (and balances his salary to average $13 million)

Phillip Hughes (Yo and Hughes...AAA...wicked good)

Please tell me I'm giving up too much... I know NY would need to be BLOWN AWAY to give up Hughes AND A-Rod but...that trade would really blow me away.

Guys - yes AROD is on the block but he isnt going to come cheap. He is still one of the top 10 players in the game, still a young man, and still a hall of famer.

While I dont doubt that the Yankees would trade him, I think the cost is going to be proven players - all star players or young future stars.

Id love for him to be in Milwaukee, but the price is going to be more on teh level of Prince Fielder than it is Doug Davis.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I doubt the Yankees would have any interest in Koskie (if healthy). He doesn't make 10 million per year.

If you guess that A-rod would still cost between 13-15 million per year after what the Yanks pick up, I would just rather spend that money in free agency and not have to give up guys like Braun, Inman, Rogers, etc....

For this to be worth doing we have to shed a considerable amount of salary.

Quote:
If the Yankees want Sheets and Wise, they will probably have to offer A-Rod, Chien-Ming Wang, Melky Caberra and Philip Hughes. I wouldn't mind adding Jenkins and Koskie to sweeten this deal for the Yankees.

I'd do that. Nobody in baseball would tho.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Archived