Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-14 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Wells), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

Dude, you need to stop overreacting to other people comments. Some people have a hard time understanding people get upset or feel pessimistic after terrible and I repeat TERRIBLE losses such as the one we suffered today. I guess that's why we can't have a vent thread anymore. I hate it when people feel the need to say how much "better" of a fan they are on here for whatever reason.

Good fans just dont say what you guys are saying. Vent all you want, but dont say that stuff about your team.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ennder]
Stupid. How can you not use Stetter there. Even Yost would have known to use Stetter there.

You are giving Yost way too much credit here.

People seem to have a rosy view of Yost. Remember his having Shouse IBB Howard and face Burrell is what got him canned. Yost could easily call on Stetter and have him IBB Fukudome...

Dude, you need to stop overreacting to other people comments. Some people have a hard time understanding people get upset or feel pessimistic after terrible and I repeat TERRIBLE losses such as the one we suffered today. I guess that's why we can't have a vent thread anymore. I hate it when people feel the need to say how much "better" of a fan they are on here for whatever reason.

Good fans just dont say what you guys are saying. Vent all you want, but dont say that stuff about your team.

lol is this suppose to be in blue or something? I'm going to drop this now but get over yourself.

It has certainly been a frustrating start to the season but if we can pull off a win tomorrow we are right where I expected us to be. I expect this team to be a little under .500 against good teams and a good bit over .500 against bad teams. We have faced 2.5(cubs are right on the border) good teams so far.

wOOgiE22]Brewers Runs given up this year.... 5, 5, 4, 5, 7, 7, 9, 7 = 6.2 Runs/Game. That is some good pitching, can't get much worse can it?
Are you planning to listen/watch/follow the game tomorrow? I have a feeling its going to get much, much worse.

I am just sick of the lack of progress from this franchise. Is it asking too much to go into Wrigley Field and kick some butt for a change? It's been a very long time since we have shown anything impressive against them.

Same old garbage for another year.

I'm glad we have you here to remind us all what good or true fans will say and don't say. Taking issues with decisions that management makes or doesn't make is a very healthy process, not just for fans on a message board, but in the real business world as well. I think your opinion isn't very well thought out on this issue at all.

I'll leave it to someone much smarter than I am to make the case.:

When your company culture allows people to challenge ideas, suggestions, and plans, you create an organization of thinking, committed people capable of producing the kind of innovation and productivity required to succeed today. However, if your company culture does not allow dissent, if people who suggest alternatives are castigated for not being "team players", you produce an environment of fear, stagnation, and antipathy. Not allowing the appropriate dissent will kill our company.

-F. John Reh

I think the same applies to a forum like this, there should be tolerance and consideration of alternative opinions that question management and "appropriate dissent" allowed. When people get immature, combative, or vindictive in their rants, then something needs to be done. I missed the posts that were hidden so I didn't see what was written, but I have no problem with people questioning Macha or the way the team was patched for this season, I'd be a hypocrite if I did, somehow I've ended up at the front of the line when it comes to questioning Melvin's player moves. Trust me when I say that was never my intention, I was a Melvin fan boy at one time, he did no wrong... it wasn't until I started evaluating the state of the pitching within the organization and started to look deeper into his history that my opinion started to turn, and I've become progressively more frustrated with him over time.

Yes it's still very early, you aren't seeing any of those types of posts out of me yet, but if we get into July with the same poor managing and poor performances I'll probably let an "I told so" type post or 6 go because I've been passionately arguing against many of the principles behind the way the team has been built going for going on 2 seasons. It's not revisionist or reactionary to question these moves, especially for those that have been very consistent in their arguments, whatever side of the fence they fall on. The only problem I have is with the people that have defended and championed every move Melvin has made, then piss and moan about the pitching or the results on the field. I would expect posters to be consistent in their opinions.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

BrewCrewIn2004]Weeks, Gomez and Escobar all had pretty good games though. That is my silver lining.
The only players to have bad games are Narveson (who was brought into face two RHers!?!?!) and Hawkins who ran out of gas and was left to face Fukudome for no reason.

just got finished watching my tivo-ed ballgame and I have to respectfully disagree with posts that I read 2+ hours ago while at work.

I thought Hawkins did a good job in the 8th inning. He made some real good pitches to those batters while runners were on base but before the runs scored. I will give the Cubs hitters the credit for hanging tough and using good defensive swings and fouling balls away to remain alive. Yes, I'm serious here--no blue font necessary. I don't like cheering for the Cubs any more than the next guy on this board, but those batters did their job to prolong their at-bats and get the pitch they wanted (or get a pitch out of the zone.)

Hawkins started to lose it as the inning went on and on, of course, but reading the posts on here made it sound like he was Mitch Williams or something and throwing the ball all over the place and to the backstop and what not. And that simply was not happening until the last couple of batters of the inning.

I will agree with posters that he should have been taken out, though. A set-up man putting 39-40 pitches in a single frame of duty is not good news.

Oh, well. We'll get 'em tomorrow! (heck, it worked on Saturday night when I posted that.)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I missed the posts that were hidden so I didn't see what was written...

Three posts in this thread were hidden; they all contained cusses. You didn't miss much. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I Think the fans have reason to be a bit concerned even though it early and people should not be called bandwagon fans cause they get ticked that this team has blown more than it share of games so far. The one guy who should be upset is Bush since the bullpen Implosions has cost him 2 victories.

Archived