Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-14 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Wells), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

Wow talk about overeactions, I understand that this is a tough loss to take but come on we are what, 8 games in the season. It is a long season! How about Bush's pitching today? Gomez and Escobar with back to back triples? Trust me, I am as pissed about this loss as anyone but let not throw in the towel AFTER 8 GAMES!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even my Macha-supporting friends began calling for his head this weekend when he saw his pitchers (Yo and Davis, especially) getting squeezed, and Macha doesn't do anything to defend his pitchers. Most of them ridiculed Ned, but I'm finding that the longer he's been gone, the more they sing his praises as they now miss a fiery manager that defended (often over-defended) his players, rather than treats them like commodities

Wow talk about overeactions, I understand that this is a tough loss to take but come on we are what, 8 games in the season. It is a long season! How about Bush's pitching today? Gomez and Escobar with back to back triples? Trust me, I am as pissed about this loss as anyone but let not throw in the towel AFTER 8 GAMES!
Please point out who is throwing in the towel.

It amazes me, after a loss as bad as that one, how any sort of venting is labeled as "bandwagon."

That was an awful loss. With awful managing in the 7th and 8th innings.

It amazes me, after a loss as bad as that one, how any sort of venting is labeled as "bandwagon."

Seriously, are we supposed to be happy and optimistic after this loss or the one against St. Louis? Damn I'm a bandwagoner because I'm pissed off that we gave the Cubs a freebie! Damn me!

I'm sorry, I take it all back. This is a well-managed club that just had a couple bad breaks. Macha is widely regarded as one of MLB's great Managers. This team is well-positioned to turn it all around with Suppan on the mound tomorrow.

It's a young season, folks. Tough loss, but it happens. Wish it wasn't so blatantly a manager blunder, but you could argue Macha won the final game against Colorado.

But I do believe the culture has to change with this team, though I'm not entirely sure axing Macha is going to solve anything. He's as much of a numbers guy as you can expect to find, as far as I'm concerned - it's very unlike him to "stick with Hawkins" in that situation. He's probably set in his ways by now, but after today that ideology may be permanently cemented.

Really? Just to point out 2 on the last page, Mr QL and Jenkinsbomb.

I had no problem with Macha not sending Bush out in the 7th, due to it being early in the season, his injury last year, and the fact that his spot was due up in the order.

I have a big problem with him leaving Hawkins out there when it was clear he just didn't have "it" today. Would it really have been that hard to put Stetter or someone in? Maybe the results wouldn't have been any nicer, but at least it would have been trying SOMETHING.

I'm not going to call for the manager's head yet after a 3-5 starts, but if this trend continues, I want the axe to fall quick.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Seriously, are we supposed to be happy and optimistic after this loss or the one against St. Louis? Damn I'm a bandwagoner because I'm pissed off that we gave the Cubs a freebie! Damn me!
I didnt say you cant be pissed, im freakin pissed, but did you see what you said?

EXACTLY.

Community Moderator

I am ticked off like everyone else here--I threw a few things after the game, but there is no reason to start declaring the season over or Macha to be fired because of one game.

Bullpen management has been one of Macha's strengths over the last year, especially when compared to Yost. Yes, he messed up today, but when comments are made about Macha being a poor bullpen manager, it makes me wonder how closely some people here actually follow the team.

BREWERPRIDE]
JenkinsBomb wrote:

I didnt say you cant be pissed, im freakin pissed, but did you see what you said?

EXACTLY.

I stand by what I said. The team is a joke right now and can't be giving away free wins to division rivals. I'm sorry if that upsets you. Yes, I believe they can turn it around and I hope they do and I'll be cheering for them through good and bad but please do not call me a bandwagoner.

I was afraid to check the box score again after seeing the Brewers with a nice lead late in the game. After picking up my jaw that they blew it again I came here to read what happened. I am totally ticked and dumbfounded to try and figure out why a LHer or anyone wasn't brought in to face Fukudome. I can see saving Parra if Macha thinks he may need him to cover a short Soup outing tomorrow but why on earth is a LOOGY sitting in the bullpen unused in that situation? Because we can't possibly have a LOOGY pitch in a save situation? When a reliever has thrown 35 pitches and clearly isn't getting it done why leave him in when there are options?

I know it sounds like a vent but it is so frustrating to watch a team that is probably only a low 80's win anyway givng away games.

I didn't like Macha as a hire in the beginning, he has only grated on me more as time went by last year and now this makes me just want him fired now. Sort of like the having Shouse walk Ryan Howard to face Pat Burrell debacle of the Yost demise.

Time to fire Macha and hire Bobby Valentine who is a real manager. When Macha gets canned I want no part of Randolph or Sveum. Why even have a loogy like Stetter if we are not gonna use him when we need him most. Macha is a flat out clown and has no positive attributes at all. At least Yost was fiery; Macha has the personality of stale toast.

Really? Just to point out 2 on the last page, Mr QL and Jenkinsbomb.

Dude, you need to stop overreacting to other people comments. Some people have a hard time understanding people get upset or feel pessimistic after terrible and I repeat TERRIBLE losses such as the one we suffered today. I guess that's why we can't have a vent thread anymore. I hate it when people feel the need to say how much "better" of a fan they are on here for whatever reason.

Archived