Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-14 Brewers (Bush) at Cubs (Wells), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd oddly not even angry at all. Maybe due to my low expectations for this team?

My expectations are low and I'm pissed. How can you not be when you have the lead and terrible pitching and managing gives the Cubs the lead?

I'm sorry but this team is pathetic. This is literally the exact same crap that was happening all of last season. Our starters get rocked and even when they don't, our pen is there to choke away the lead. The Brewers will win 78ish games this year because we can score runs, unfortunately when we score 6 runs we give up 8. I am amazed that I continue to watch this team every year.

Even if we score some runs in the 9th, this is disgraceful. It seems like this is what happens to us in 80% of the games dating back to the middle of last season.

This Lose (and yes I know there is 1/2 inning to play but I am confident we will go down 1-2-3) is squarely on Macha and Peterson. If I am Melvin they are both in my office after this game and the conversation would be pretty one sided. I am really starting to dislike Mr. Macha quite a bit. What does Manny Parra have to do to get in a game? Why is Mitch Stetter on the roster.....oh yeah for exactly that situation.
Seriously. I'm fuming. How easy of a call is that to make?

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

This is not a well managed team. Players have to be frustrated when they know what should be done but isn't.

For as educated as Macha appears to be on paper, he doesn't seem to think ahead or be prepared for less obvious events throughout the game. He should have let Bush pitch another inning or possibly two. Instead, he lets Hawkins blow a THREE RUN LEAD! Its not like it happened in a flash. It took quite a long time to play out.

The Brewers have been Mached

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived