Brewer Fanatic

Koobface Virus!!!

lodiness

Me being the idiot that I am, wasn't thinking, and clicked on this link on facebook, and it looks like I have this virus. Here's the problem that I'm having. I can't open up internet explorer, and my computer doesn't have mailware bytes on it yet, or any kind of anti-virus (Just started using this computer and didn't notice it didn't have anything on it). Is there someway to load this software on a USB drive and load it that way, or does anyone else have a fix to this? Having problems, it's my work computer, and I need to figure this out quick.

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can load software from a USB device. Take another computer (like home pc) and download the install file. Put the file on a USB drive. Double click the file when you get to work. That will install the software. It should be able to also update itself. I think the Koobface worm attacks IE and not the net port.

You might have to contact your IT department. I don't know what proxies or privileges you are allowed at work.

You may also try this link.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

The System Restore idea my mind. It may pay to boot into Safe Mode, then do the restore.

Google searches indicate that it could be possible to set up a bootable CD or DVD to remove the malware, but I'm not finding anything good enough to suggest.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Boot into safe mode with networking.

Download the install files onto a USB drive and install while in safe mode. Be sure you do safe mode with networking so it can self-update the files and hopefully clean things up.

If this fails, there are many places on the web (sorry, can't search right now) where you can find full virus scan boot disks that simply boot up a shell and scan your system.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived