Brewer Fanatic

Suppan mentioned on Slate's "Hang Up And Listen" podcast

BCZF

If you've never listened to this podcast, try it, it's great..

In the last segment, perhaps 5 min from the end, Mike Pesca goes on tear about Suppan's contract which is a must listen. It's along the line of "what kind of world is it, when a guy like Jeff Suppan can make 12.5 mil" and he goes on to say "dont get me wrong, the fans of the Brewers HATE Jeff Suppan"

And he recites the story of his "neck injury" being due to lack of pillows in his ST condo, forcing him to sleep on rolled up towels..

www.slate.com or itunes

This is a case in which I would love to be wrong for the Brewers sake.... but I would bet that Suppan gets hit like a BP pitcher his first few starts. If this happens, and Soup is extended a long leash, the populist anger may escalate into populist rage with a mob marching to Miller Park with torches and pitchforks. At any rate, we'll have a better feel for things in a matter of hours.

Archived