Brewer Fanatic

3rd Annual Doorman's Seats Charity Auction Ends; Congrats to jrodbrewcrew ($375 bid)

rickey24

I've had numerous people come up to me over the past few years and tell me they wish they could sit in my seats for a game, well now is your chance to do just that. This is the third year I've done this, and based on the response we'll try this again this year. I'm going to have an open auction for my both of my seats to an upcoming Brewers game. There are however, a few rules that go along with sitting in these seats. First off, no foul language or upsetting of anyone sitting near you, secondly, no calling all of your friends and waving to them when you're on camera. Third, if you're not a Brewers fan don't bid on these seats, I don't want someone with a Astros/Rangers/Pirates/Giants/Padres jersey sitting in these seats. If you can abide by these three rules you're free to bid on these seats.

One thing that several people have mentioned is that the game that I would put up for auction was one that they couldn't attend, so this year, I'm going to offer up several games that the winning bidder can choose from, that way if you're coming in from out of state (even let's say like California or Arizona) you'll have time to make your reservations on your favorite airline and hotel! Depending upon the response, I MAY offer a second game to someone who is willing to match the winner's final bid, they could have the second game from this list of possible games. Here are the games that are available for this charity auction:

Tuesday, May 25 v. Houston Astros, 7:10 pm
Friday, June 11 v. Texas Rangers, 7:10 pm
Saturday, June 12 v. Texas Rangers, 6:10 pm
Tuesday, July 6 v. San Francisco Giants, 7:10 pm
Friday, July 9 v. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 pm
Saturday, July 10 v. Pittsburgh Pirates, 6:10 pm
Friday, August 20 v. San Diego Padres, 7:10 pm
Saturday, August 21 v. San Diego Padres, 6:10 pm
Sunday, August 22 v. San Diego Padres, 1:10 pm

One more thing, this is a charity auction, with 100% of the proceeds being given to one of the charities listed below. So here is your chance to get a tax deduction, feel good, watch the Brewers, and then go home and see how you look eating peanuts and hot dogs on TV. There are a few things that need to be clear before I start this auction, they are:

1) Winning bidder will choose one of the three charities (listed below) that they want to give their money to.

2) Winning bidder must provide me with a phone number by the end of the auction so I can contact them to arrange the exchange of tickets and money order.

3) Winning bidder will personally meet me to receive the tickets (unless you're out of state, then you will need to mail me the money order and I will send you the tickets) and will at that time provide me with a money order written out to one of the three charities. I will send the winning bidder a receipt from the charity so they can use that for the IRS. Please be sure you've got the funds to pay for the seats. I will have the winning bidder provide a money order to pay for the final amount of the winning bid.

4) The open auction will end on Friday, April 30, at 8:00 pm, CDT, with the highest bid at that point declared the winner. This isn't eBay, so please don't wait until the last minute to submit your bid.

5) I will personally donate $200 to the other three charities that are not chosen so no one loses out.

The three charities that I've decided will benefit from this auction are:

1. American Cancer Society

2. The MACC Fund

3. Make-A-Wish Foundation

While I certainly understand that there are many more charities out there that are worthy of receiving a donation, these are the three that I've decided I'd like the proceeds of the sale of my tickets to benefit.

In addition to the tickets the winning bidder will also receive passes to the .300/Metavante/NYCE Club, where they can go before, during or after the game to have a drink or some food.

The opening bid of the tickets will be $200.

The seats are in Section 121, Row 4, Seats 9 & 10, you can put your left arm on the dugout sitting in my seat, and you can rest your beer on the dugout as well (of course it won't be up there long, the ushers will tell you to take it off).

Thanks and good luck!

Rickey
Aka
The Doorman

Thanks Rickey, this is a great thing you do. Win-win for everyone. By the way, I just have to tell you this. I have a 2 year old nephew that doesn't know any of the Brewers' names yet, but he'll point at you on TV and say "Doorman!!! Doorman!!!"

I appreciate the changes to the auction for this season. Alas, this is a summer that we are not planning on leaving the heat of Arizona to visit the humidity of Wisconsin. But I appreciate the effort. Good luck to all those bidding on the seats!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Thanks Rickey, this is a great thing you do. Win-win for everyone. By the way, I just have to tell you this. I have a 2 year old nephew that doesn't know any of the Brewers' names yet, but he'll point at you on TV and say "Doorman!!! Doorman!!!"
Now I know I've hit the big time! Just remember when he starts wondering what I'm drinking, tell him it is vitamin water!

Rickey, in previous seasons, you have said these seats were also not be sold again. They are out of my price range, but just wanted to tell you that while you may feel it's implied, you did not say not to resell.

By the way, what is the face value of these tickets?

Rickey, in previous seasons, you have said these seats were also not be sold again. They are out of my price range, but just wanted to tell you that while you may feel it's implied, you did not say not to resell.

By the way, what is the face value of these tickets?

DOA-

You're correct that the person who buys these tickets should not re-sell them or put them on Ebay or sell them to a broker, if the person who buys them can't make the game, they can work with me to exchange them for another one of the nine games that are listed.

As far as face value, that is $190 for the pair of tickets, which is why I started the bidding out at $200.

rickey

I'll throw in 325. Perhaps I didnt read it correctly, but is it possible to pick which game to get tickets for? I would really like to go to the Rangers game, Vladdy is my all time favorite. Otherwise, that's probably about as high as I can go, a little steep for a 21 year old :D.

Thanks for the oppurtunity Ricky, a truly nice thing to do.

I'll throw in 325. Perhaps I didnt read it correctly, but is it possible to pick which game to get tickets for? I would really like to go to the Rangers game, Vladdy is my all time favorite. Otherwise, that's probably about as high as I can go, a little steep for a 21 year old :D.

Thanks for the oppurtunity Ricky, a truly nice thing to do.

Hey Josh-

Yes, the winning bidder can pick from any one of the nine games offered, so if Vlad is your man you bid away...of course you can't wear his jersey to the game you can just cheer him and take photos but I don't want these tickets to go to a fan of the Rangers/Padres/Astros/Giants/Pirates who is going to sit in the seats cheering for the opponent. My seat mates would kill me, and that isn't going to happen. We once had someone sell their tickets to Cubs fans, and they never heard the end of it.

Rickey

• 2 weeks later...

Ok looks like the high bid for the final day is currently $350, so Wallus has the inside track on these tickets! Best of luck to everyone, and keep on bidding...you can bid in $10 increments, if it makes it easier for you, but just be sure you can afford to top the previous bid!

Thanks again for making the auction a success once again, and good luck to all the final bidders!

Rickey

Brewer Fanatic Staff

It's going to be tough to keep the subject line updated with the highest bid amount, so I've removed it from there. Keep an eye on this thread throughout the day if you're interested.

jrodbrewcrew out front with the $375 bid so far....

Archived