Brewer Fanatic

MLB Network

Is anyone watching this? It's playing Reds@Marlins right now and these two announcers have to be two of the most boring people I've ever encountered in my life. One guy barely talks, and the other guy sounds like he's reading off Google searches every 20 seconds.

I hear a lot of people complain about Brian and Bill, but this is just abysmal. I think it's the Marlins' crew, but jeez...give me our guys over these two any day.

We've experienced a lot of the broadcast teams around the league, and many of them are boring to listen to. The Reds team is among the worst; at the moment, I don't remember what the Marlins team is like. There are more than a few broadcasters out there, for various teams, who show little to no emotion at all, even when their team is doing something totally amazing/wonderful/awesome/etc.

The Reds team is Thom Brennaman and Jeff Brantley. Each is unbearable in any setting. Together, they drive me to despair. Luckily I don't like the Reds so I don't have to listen to them much. However, the presence on the airwaves of such monstrously repugnant broadcast teams doesn't excuse the ineffectual and inept Anderson/Schroeder pairing. The best that can be said about them is that they aren't quite as bad as some other guys are. That's not enough for me. Let's see, I'd rank the Reds, Twins, Diamondbacks and White Sox announcers well below the Brewers team. The Mariners have a team that is a little worse. The Dodgers B-team is also worse but Vin Scully still does the home games so on average they are way above the Brewers. If we are ranking by the 30 MLB teams, not by individual announcer, I'd put the Brewers team somewhere between 22nd and 25th. To me, the Brewers announcers are in the unfortunate group that make games less pleasurable/fun to watch. They aren't as bad as they were when Daron Sutton was the PBP guy but Anderson hasn't exactly been the breath of fresh air that I had hoped. I used to think Schroeder was just dragging his partners down but if anything, Sutton has gotten worse in AZ. That probably means that Anderson wouldn't improve much with a new partner either, although I believe he (and all fans) would benefit from a new color analyst. It's time to give Schroeder the boot. This is his 16th season and he still brings nothing to the table.

Schroeder brings a decent amount of insight combined with a blue collar type attitude that they probably like to have in the Milwaukee market.

The Brewers announcing team doesn't bother me. I think Anderson is pretty good, or at least much better than when he started a couple years ago. Apparently others must think so, judging by the fact he is doing games for TBS now.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Anderson has gotten much better and I really enjoy listening to him. I know a lot of people get on Schroeder but I like him to. And having MLB Network since it launched and hearing a lot of other teams broadcasts I appreciate our team that much more. We have been lucky with PBP guys for awhile now: Pachske, Matt V, Sutton and now Anderson. Liked them all.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Schroeder brings a decent amount of insight combined with a blue collar type attitude that they probably like to have in the Milwaukee market.
The thing about Schroeder's "blue collar type attitude" is that it's so obviously phony, or at least exaggerated. Pretending that you don't know what various 2 syllable words mean doesn't make you blue collar. I hate the attitude of ignorance, both feigned and actual, that he has. Ignorance is not a desirable blue collar trait. Schroeder has a job that requires him to actually be knowledegable about certain things, but he doesn't care to even make an effort. The best example of this is him not knowing that Prince and Cecil aren't on speaking terms when he interviewed Prince after his first game. Prince was the best prospect the Brewers had had since Schroeder started working for them, yet he had obviously not read even one article about Prince. 99% of the people who posted here at the time knew that Prince and Cecil had a falling out but a guy who is paid to follow the team had no idea. That's just one prominent example, Schroeder makes his disdain for knowledge clear on a daily basis and it is that which makes him a terrible announcer. Faux folksiness as a cover for laziness and incuriousness is detestable.

Archived