Brewer Fanatic

Beat the Streak -- Minor League Style; Latest -- Congratulations to our Winner!

Mass Haas

Looks like my streak will end at 12. Lo Cain played a double header today, and he raked in game 1 and put up a goose egg in game 2.

Edit: I was wrong. I guess all the player needs is a hit in 1 of the 2 games. The streak is at 13. I'm going with Komatsu today, Lo Cain on Saturday, and Gennett on Sunday.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Sergio Miranda did me in.

Topped out at 15 this time around.

I'm going to ride Lorenzo for a while this time and see if I can get 16 by the end of June.

Jealous of those few guys with 20something. That seems to be a tough mark to hit.

• 1 month later...
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Kudos to our "leader in the clubhouse", martinezfan, on a current 16-game hitting streak, tied for the longest active streak in the nation right now, leaning heavily but not exclusively on Scooter Gennett.

So based on an 18-game streak earlier this season, martinezfan has actually established the two longest streaks in our competition, and is closing in on the nationwide longest streak established earlier this spring of 23 games.

Nobody else in sight currently -- I've had one double-digit streak http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif.

Well, my hitting streak ended at 17 tonight. I wanted to see if I could hit 18 again, & when Scooter kept hitting, I was reluctant to switch it up. Guess I stuck with him one game too long! Oh well, back to zero. On the plus side, it was great to see the Brewers pull off a victory tonight!

Brewer Fanatic Staff

The only teams in play on Tuesday the 13th are the AZL and DSL Brewers, who aren't eligible for the Beat the Streak contest.

We suggest you don't pick any non-Brewers, because as it turns out, unlike the Major League Beat the Streak which penalizes you if you skip a day, the Minor League Game does not.

So just wait until Wednesday.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Big Congratulations to Arielle, otherwise known as gregmartinezfan50 here on our forum, and martinezfan over at MiLB.com.

She won our friendly competition with an 18-game streak. My best was ten, just out-witted myself too often http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/tongue.gif.

Thank you for this very nice note I received from our champ, GMF50 --

"Anyway, a prize isn't necessary. To be honest, I've just enjoyed playing along with everyone this season (the whole "spirit of competition" thing). Count me in if we do this again in 2011!"

Along the way this year, we learned that unlike the major league streak competition, the minor league side does not punish you and end the streak if you forget to submit your pick for the day.

I'm not so sure we had many folks who stuck with things all season long (I bailed out about three weeks ago), but I plan to jump back in reinvigorated in 2011, and hope many of you will as well.

The overall winner had a streak of 27 games. Arielle's streak tied for 13th best.

So once again, congrats, see everyone next year!

Archived