Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-11 Cardinals (Carpenter) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.

Having scanned this thread, I'm glad I was at the game and not exposed to the announcing madness. I will give ESPN a shred of credit, though, as their roving camera guy did capture Rickie's first-inning base trot; but then I must rescind the shred of credit since camera dude was nowhere to be seen for Corey's (the home run that actually was hit by Corey, not Casey).

trwi7 (I think) made a couple of music observations. One, yes, that was the Gilligan's Island theme you heard during the game. Dean Rosko appears to have gained the rights to play several TV theme songs of yore (also the Brady Bunch and the Munsters). Two, the Brewers have in fact begun playing the "owOOOOO" snippet out of Werewolves of London when Randy Wolf accomplishes something. This was new; we didn't hear it on Tuesday.

Dean Rosko made up for too much Brady Bunch when he played a bit of "Jesus Christ Superstar" during one of Baseball Jesus' at bats. That was awesome.

Back to the on field action...Friday night I just wasn't "feeling it" for Trevor, and in a way was not surprised when he gave up the Friday home run. For this game, I was thinking more, "lightning can't strike twice, can it?" But once BB Jesus hit it out, it was pretty easy to see how it could. I turned to the S.O. and said, "someone's probably starting a thread right now asking if Trevor's broken." The fans behind us were declaring him done.

While the two blown saves are worrisome, and a downer to see in person, I think it's too small a sample size to assume he's broken. Plus, isn't it for innings like the 9th of this game why STL acquired Matt Holliday? So they would have the super lethal one-two punch (or I guess 3-4)?

The thought also crossed my mind at the game that maybe STL is just Trevor's Kryptonite; learning that his last four blown saves have come at the hands of the Classies makes this seem plausible and helps me keep a more open mind.

And Casey (or is that Corey), way to save the bacon. Thanks.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

With apologies for the consecutive posts: I got a finger on a foul ball that bounced around our aisle during that nasty top of the 9th. Fortunately the guy who literally dove over the railing next to me to fall on the ball in the neighboring section did not kick me in the head.

The ball was hit off Nick Stavinoha's bat, so I would not have really wanted it anyway, despite it having been thrown by Trevor.

I am glad that the Brewers won the last game that I will get to see for a while. Trevor definitely made me nervous when he came in. I am wondering how drunk LaRussa was to pinch hit for his catcher, take out his replacement catcher and put a guy in who's never caught in the majors and barely caught in the minors. Who's next behind the plate, Skip Schumaker? That was funny. But not as funny as the ESPN commentators. From Orel talking Joe Morgan being a great hitter (he was, but Orel made him sound like he never missed a ball), from Joe talking about his new toys and his professed love for Albert. And then there's Jon Miller.....while he's got a good sounding announcing voice, he's dumber than dirt.

Thank goodness they won this game. And I'm kind of happy it had to happen this way. Now the Classys know that we can come up big when it counts most. 3-3 is pretty good considering the competition. And the pitching, minus Hoffy and Yo, has been better then last year. You can already tell. And we all know Hoffy and Yo will be just fine, like always.

The camera guy was out in the AirTran Airway section talking with his boss when the real Hart hit his HR

Thank you for the great ending Hart II.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

A bit late, but I just watched this game in its entirety off of my DVR as I couldn't catch it live.

I came really close to fast forwarding through the entire bottom of the 7th because of Joe Morgan's commentary. While I did end up suffering through it, the whole time I was thinking "wow, they must have had a field day on this one over in the In Game Thread..". Glad you guys didn't disappoint.

Two, the Brewers have in fact begun playing the "owOOOOO" snippet out of Werewolves of London when Randy Wolf accomplishes something.

That is outstanding. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I came really close to fast forwarding through the entire bottom of the 7th because of Joe Morgan's commentary.

cc, there's more in the Forbes topic. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

One minor disappointment from off the field Sunday night: the Bernie bobblehead was packed in styrofoam - like the bobbles used to be a few years ago - and it is nearly impossible to get the thing out of the box without starting a mini-snowstorm of tiny foam bits. I noticed a lot of white foam bits on the floor of the field concourse, near guest relations, and later realized there were that many fans who opened their boxes right there, to make sure the bobbles were intact.

Maybe using styrofoam results in fewer damaged bobbles, but the custodial crew definitely had extra work to do after that game.

With apologies for the consecutive posts: I got a finger on a foul ball that bounced around our aisle during that nasty top of the 9th. Fortunately the guy who literally dove over the railing next to me to fall on the ball in the neighboring section did not kick me in the head.

The ball was hit off Nick Stavinoha's bat, so I would not have really wanted it anyway, despite it having been thrown by Trevor.

I think I know roughly where your seats are now, as I had a view of the rail flipper from Section 213.

Really, just came to echo the comments on how awful the Robert Haack sign looks in Left-center, having seen it in person. It looks like they hung up a yellow sheet of tagboard with black letter stencils glued on top....like something you'd see when a 6th grader is giving a presentation. Kind of surprised that the Brewers didn't have a bit more editorial control over the ad design, given that nothing else in the ballpark looks that bad.

Archived