Brewer Fanatic

Season-Long Resource -- Archived Audio; Latest -- Brandon Kintzler, Mike McClendon

TheCrew07
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Nashville pre-game audio: Mat Gamel discusses the work necessary to learn to play first base and outfield -- "I want to stay at third base, but I want to play in the big leagues more than I want to play third base."

He's struggling with all that's going on at first base, more comfortable with outfield play at the moment.

Interview with Huntsville pitching coach John Curtis, who discusses Michael Bowman and Mark Rogers. He attributes Rogers' rough last start to his blister, as we speculated, and he predicts that Rogers' command will improve as his shoulder continues to strengthen and he's able to pitch on the side between starts more often.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Nashville interview with "the Barber", catcher Martin Maldonado -- impresed with his command of the language, tossing words around in the proper context like "mentality". To be honest, the guy is a Jonathan Lucroy or George Kottaras injury from the big leagues, although for a second consecutive season, it appears the Brewers will be among the few teams not to call up a 3rd catcher when rosters expand -- there are none on the 40-man below the majors.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived