Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-10 Cardinals (Garcia) at Brewers (Gallardo), 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-1]

So now Villa is pitching. Are the Brewers trying to make everyone forget Parra exists in the hopes they can DFA him and sneak him through waivers when Suppan comes back?
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So now Villa is pitching. Are the Brewers trying to make everyone forget Parra exists in the hope they can DFA him and sneak him through waivers when Suppan comes back?

I thought up until yesterday it might have been an insurance thing in case Suppan couldn't go but now?

I am beyond done with Gomez already.

That's how I feel about Zaun. Nevermind he is a GIDP machine, but behind the plate he has been brutal. Passed ball after passed ball and isn't calling good pitches to save his life. Does he even bother to read the scouting reports. Atleast Gomez is doing his job defensively.

Seeing more of Kottaras might not be a bad thing at this point. Rivera or Kendall likely block that ball.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Seeing more of Kottaras might not be a bad thing at this point. Rivera or Kendall likely block that ball.

Yep, there's a reason this guy has been a career backup. Didn't believe the smoke and mirrors from Melvin and Co. during the offseason and especially don't now.

I was at the game today, Miller Park was not exactly rockin and rolling as the Brewers hitters got schooled by a rookie.

Cardinals fans sitting near me were laughing at Macha not walking Pujols with 2 out, down 4-0 and men on 2nd and 3rd. Why you would pitch to Pujols in that situation is beyond me. Yes Holliday is starting the season hot but at least you gotta take the bat out of Pujols' hands and get a force play at any base. That pretty much busted the game wide open...

Just a bad game all around, and really disappointing, as they didn't bother putting up much of a fight against a top division rival at home.

I hope Macha yelled at the team after the game, or did something to wake them up. Gallardo was not "ace-like" at all, Prince struck out 3 times, Braun didn't do anything at the plate and played shaky defense, Escobar even made a bad play, and our only bright spots were Hart and McGehee.

The lineup better be drastically different tonight. It should be evident that Gomez can't handle the 2 spot yet.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived