Brewer Fanatic

Mike Fiers

prophet
Just a question for everybody. Saw this kid pitch this year down in Maryvale. Was extremely impressed and hoping that last year wasn't a fluke for him. Anyone know what he projects as? I know he's in the rotation in Florida. But, he's got electric stuff, so if not a starter, might have closer potential. Just looking for a little info about him if anyone knows. Seems like an exciting prospect. Like i said, his numbers look amazing so far. Should hopefully see him in the Power 50 before too long.

There are a number of observations regarding Fiers in the "Spring Traing Photos & miscellaneous prospect news" on the end of page 2 and beginning of page3.

Since those posts it looks to me that Fiers is being tried as a starting pitcher. A number of questions have been raised about his ability to maintain velocity on his fastball for 9 innings and/or whether it is too straight. I personally think he can be a starter.

Archived