Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-09 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Bush), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

Bombers
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The STL fans sitting in our vicinity were easier to take than the hothead duo right in front of us (Hothead Sr. and Jr., who appears to be following in dad's footsteps).

Just to be sure, I take it that Hothead Sr. and Jr. were Brewers fans? How old was Jr.?

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I'm not calling for the closer's head yet, but I'm getting there. He did not look good at all on Tuesday, and last night was a disgrace.

That hitter strikes out on that pitch 9 times out of 10. Sometimes you just tip your hat to a guy after he wins the game after being fooled so bad that he hits the HR with his knees on the ground. No 'disgrace' about it.

Community Moderator

From watching games in the terrace box with a direct view of Braun over the last 2+ years, it is clear that he either gets a bad jump or takes the wrong route on over half the balls hit in his direction. It is not noticable on TV or from certain sections of the ballpark. It cost us at least one game that I was at last year, but then again, we lost a game to the Dodgers because of a Cameron dropped fly ball.

This one was especially painful because we played a great game at still lost. From the Cardinals' perspective, they kept it close and gave themselves a chance at the end. That's what good teams do.

I'm also now 0-2 on the year at Brewers games. Fortunately, I only have one game scheduled in the next 2 months.

Closers blow games. Hoffman made a good pitch and the other guy hit it. Last night is a good illustration of why you can do everything right as a pitcher and still have bad results.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I'm not calling for the closer's head yet, but I'm getting there. He did not look good at all on Tuesday, and last night was a disgrace.

slow down a bit.. Hoffman made a good pitch and the guy hit it out from one knee.. it sucks a lot, but not much you can do about that, it was a good pitch.

The STL fans sitting in our vicinity were easier to take than the hothead duo right in front of us (Hothead Sr. and Jr., who appears to be following in dad's footsteps).

Just to be sure, I take it that Hothead Sr. and Jr. were Brewers fans? How old was Jr.?

Jr., who looked to be in his early to mid teens, must have been a Brewers fan, based at least on how he threw his empty soda bottle down so hard onto the seat next to him (in front of me) that it bounced toward me and landed at our feet. Sr and Jr both were wearing navy (but not specifically Brewers navy), but Sr clapped at enough conflicting times that I could not tell for sure. They both really seemed to like Trevor Hoffman and not Albert Pujols, but those preferences alone don't prove Brewer fandom.

I really hope they are one-and-done in our section and not new Sunday Plus customers. Actually, I was surprised to see fewer familiar faces in our Sunday Plus section last night, and hope that doesn't mean there was a ton of turnover.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived