Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-09 Cardinals (Lohse) at Brewers (Bush), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

Bombers
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now the Cardinals annoucers are complaining about Weeks reaction to the HBP. Why would he be upset?

Well, first, it probably hurts.

Second, it prevents him from getting, you know, a game tying HR.

Another reason to dislike the Cardinals. This one stunk. One pitching mistake by Bush, Braun getting picked off and then as fluky a homer as you'll see = loss. Hard to stomach.

Throw in Casey's botched DP that cost a run...if they are going to beat a team that appears to be slightly better than they are, they will need to execute on those things. That was not a bad pitch by Trevor. Sure rather be up a game heading into Carpenter tomorrow.

McGehee's defense worries me a bit already. I wasn't able to watch many games last season, but from watching the first few games this year, his glove looks very weak. Even on the play in the (1st?) that Brian and Bill raved about, it looked like he moved very slowly. I just wonder how much range he has out there.

On the plus side, Escobar looked great tonight.

2-2 after four games, three against the Rocks and one against the Cards is a decent start. Yeah, that one hurt, but I'm sure the Rocks felt the same way after Wednesday's game.

Came home just in time to see Stavinhoa with a 1-1 count. Blech.

Fluky HR or not (and it was--I can't recall ever seeing one like that), that's one we're gonna have to steal back this season.

I thought about it more, and that swing actually reminded me Andruw Jones when he hit his season of epic decline with the Braves. He would be going done a lot like that trying to hack it out.

It sucks to have one stolen like that, but overall I'm not to beaten up. I was really impressed with our game again. If that one pitch doesn't happen, we're talking about a pretty well played game for the Crew, with some miscues for Casey and Braun. Bush looked great tonight. We got big hits and took advantage of what was given to us. Zaun was putting good wood on the ball all night. That Hawkins/Holliday matchup was the most intense moment of the season so far.

It looks like it should be a good weekend.

Interesting quote from Bush on the HR he gave up to Holliday-

"The home run, I really didn't miss my spot. It was probably a poor choice of pitches. I actually threw it right where (catcher) Gregg (Zaun) was sitting."

Now... did he shake him off, or is he calling out his catcher here? The reason I ask is I couldn't believe Zaun set up inside in that situation, and I couldn't believe he did it again in the 9th with Hoffman.

Garcia is pitching tomorrow
Yeah, Sunday's fans will see Carpenter v. Wolf. I'm hoping that matchup, combined with Friday's result, isn't the baseball gods' way of saying, "We hate Sunday Plus fans," as they seemed to do for much of 2009.

This game did nothing to reduce my hatred of STL, but nothing really to increase it either. The STL fans sitting in our vicinity were easier to take than the hothead duo right in front of us (Hothead Sr. and Jr., who appears to be following in dad's footsteps). I admit that I completely forgot until we were out of the stadium that Big Roid was back with the club. I did think to ask Matt Holliday how his fielding percentage this week compared with the same in October 2009, but he apparently wasn't listening to fans in the loge.

It was weird: while I stayed hopeful, I just didn't have a feeling of impending success when Trevor came out. Dude's human. It was a bummer in that this felt like the most winnable game of the series. I've been proven wrong before, though.

I haven't visited the field level fan stores yet, but I hope they printed some Hawkins shirts to sell while he's still pitching this well.

34018 paid to see it, and this crowd seemed to more accurately represent the "in the house" attendance than Tuesday's.

Ah well, in 13 hours there'll be another chance.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Was at the game.... just could not believe the route Braun took to the ball he dove for and dropped... if he would've broken correctly it's an easy catch.

And what the heck was he doing even leading off against a lefty with a great move with Prince up?

If this was two years ago, people would be calling for the closers head. Amazing what Hells Bells does for you.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I can't believe the most important question hasn't been asked yet. When Zaun did his little fist pump at the end of the 8th, did he wake the sleeping giant?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

That game was like a punch in the gut. To have the team fight hard throughout the game, and when you get to the all-time saves leader, a guy you think should have it locked down, he gives up a HR to the last guy on the bench, that hurts. Especially with Poo being 0-3 in the game. That's a victory right there. Gotta wonder why Zaun went inside for Holliday and the other guy. But, hey, a series win is still not out of the question!

Archived