Brewer Fanatic

CC on the 2010 schedule magnet; or, What makes a "Brewer Great"

I was very excited when I found out that the CC celebration would be a bobblehead this year. I have been a life-long Brewers fan...I'm 30 right now so I don't remember the early 1980's years, but ever since I can remember I've followed the Brewers big time. Being up near Stevens Point I didn't get to see many games in person growing up, and not having cable until college (in 1997 when MSC started showing Brewers games) I didn't even get to see many games on television very often, but I still always caught the sports on the news to see how the Brewers did or I always checked the paper for the box score.

Anyway, where I'm going with this is...since I've been watching games on a regular...almost daily...basis from 1997 until now I cannot think of a more memorable and emotional Brewers moment than CC celebrating after the final out of that playoff-clinching game. That moment and being at the closing of County Stadium are the two Brewers moments that had me teary-eyed. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking of the CC celebration right now (I can't imagine what I'd feel if the Brewers ever won the WS). In my opinion that's what makes it the best moment of the 2000's. That whole playoff run was magical and had plenty of great moments, but to me none of them compare.

Another nice thing about the CC bobblehead is that since he was only here for half a season, they never were able to release one in a Brewers uniform. I'd find it hard to believe that if he would have been on the Brewers in 2009 he wouldn't have had a bobblehead.

I think I would have preferred the picture of Braun circling the bases after his HR vs the Cubs. But I get why they put the Sabathia on the magnet, because it is the 2000's bobble they are giving out to go along with Aaron, Cooper, and Yount who are the other three. That being said, I am PUMPED that they have a CC bobble. I had hoped for one since we got him at the trade deadline in 2008. And honestly, it looks like one of the better ones they have done.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

That CC bobble head is sexy, I want one.

What Sabathia did that summer was one of the most magical things any Brewer fan will ever see (along with the 82 season obviously) No one in baseball will ever forget how amazing he was for us. Im glad they did this.

Hmmm.. This reminds me a lot of the debate when the Brewers decided to include a "Wildcard" pennant at Miller Park. I'm all for it. It's not necessarily just celebrating CC but the single moment of him pumping his glove, shouting *bleep* Yeah! and the realization that the Brewers were back in the postseason. Braun already had his bobblehead for his moment.. What else should we depict here? Bill Schroeder sitting in the booth yelling "Yes! Yes!" or the Marlins catching the final out in New York to beat the Mets?

it should be Wes Helms home run of Schoeneweis to cushion the Marlins lead over the Mets in that game.

Wow, we could get 2 former Brewers on one Bobblehead statue. Nice. Real nice.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

it should be Wes Helms home run of Schoeneweis to cushion the Marlins lead over the Mets in that game.

Wow, we could get 2 former Brewers on one Bobblehead statue. Nice. Real nice.

I was just thinking that. Somehow I think the Brewers marketing people figured a Sabathia Brewers bobblehead would be more desirable than a Wes Helms Marlins bobble http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If it has to be a player playing for a different team now how a bout a Sheets bobblehead instead. All he did that year was pitch well enough to be named the All Star game starter and pitch through an injury that cost him a year of his career instead of shutting it down early. Without him we are not in a position to make trading for CC worthwhile.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I just have a problem and think it is kind of pathetic to have a bobble of a guy who is still playing for a different team. I wouldn't wear a shirt with the name of a player for a different team and I even box up my bobbles for players until they retire. Carlos Lee is in the closet and will stay there until he retires or returns to the team. Honestly I am a little tired of the CC hero worship as well.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

This thread seems ridiculous. It's the start of the regular season and we're debating something miniscule like this? It's a magnet that was given away for free. The majority of them will find the trash in less than a year. I doubt the Brewers had time for a board meeting to discuss who should be worthy of appearing on the opening day magnet.

This thread seems ridiculous. It's the start of the regular season and we're debating something miniscule like this? It's a magnet that was given away for free. The majority of them will find the trash in less than a year. I doubt the Brewers had time for a board meeting to discuss who should be worthy of appearing on the opening day magnet.
Uh, yeah, that's why I said it was inconsequential in the first sentence. This about a pasttime which is rather inconsequential in and of itself in the scheme of things.

Didn't know we were supposed to be curing cancer here, sorry buddy!

I doubt the Brewers had time for a board meeting to discuss who should be worthy of appearing on the opening day magnet.

I'm pretty sure the marketing department had a meeting to discuss who'd be on the magnet

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Team's don't usually recognize players on other teams, but players don't usually have such a significant impact on a team over half a season like CC Sabathia did. CC had one of the best half seasons by a player ever, and it was just enough to get the Brewers to the playoffs. Yes, we couldn't have done it without Braun, Fielder, Sheets, etc., but CC was practically superhuman during his stint here.

I will never forget that season and will forever be a CC Sabathia fan.

Archived