Brewer Fanatic

Rivera/Jeter/Posada break MLB record set by Yount/Molitor/Gantner

mls4
The Yankees' Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, and Jorge Posada are the first trio of teammates to play together for 16 seasons, breaking the record of 15 set by Yount, Molitor, and Gantner from 1978-1992. I just thought that was interesting.

Another reason to hate the Yankees.
Maybe. On the other hand, it's hard to be upset about the breaking of a record that I would bet most people didn't know existed. At least, I didn't know that the Brewers held this record or that it was something people paid attention to. I wonder who has the record for the longest a quartet of players stayed together? A quintet?

I know Yount/Molitor/Gantner have the most hits as a trio for one team. I don't think Rivera has enough hits to beat that record http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

What about games played together... one of their trio is a closer, and another is a catcher. Despite all of Mollys injuries, it wouldnt suprise me if the yanks total is only around 70% of ours.

Another reason to hate the Yankees.
To be fair, one of the few reasons to respect them.
Not really. They just have buckets of cash that other teams don't have. They can keep any player they want because there is no team to bid against them.

Not really. They just have buckets of cash that other teams don't have. They can keep any player they want because there is no team to bid against them.
The Brewers trio was broken up after 1992 when Gantner retired. Molitor also left in free agency after that year but it's been well documented that the Brewers thought he was nearing the end and not worth much money. Yount retired the next year. So, I don't think it's fair to imply that the Brewers trio was broken up because of a lack of money.

Also, free agency didn't even exist until 1975 so no team would have had to worry about a rich team signing their players until then.

Where did you hear/see that? Do you have a link?
It was in an article I read on mlb.com. I don't have a link at this point, but I'm sure it's still there if you want to look it up. The article focused on the Yankees, there was just the one sentence about the Brewers.

Archived