Brewer Fanatic

turborickey's BOBBLES to trade list: Latest UPDATE on page 5

TURBO
Just won the Corey Hart pinstripes off ebay, $15.50 + $8 shipping = $23.50... Not too bad.

Got the bobble, which was packed very loosely in the box, so while being shipped, encountered breakage.

One of the legs is broken at the ankle, and another crack runs half way around the knee. All styed in one piece though.

Of course the seller is giving me the run-around and will only refund my money if I ship it back to her, ON MY DIME!

Really angers me, first off, how do I know it wasn't broken before it was shipped, and 2ndly, the way she packed it, she is 100% the reason it broke if it broke during shipping. She threw the box into a larger box with no padding. How stupid can you be? She also claimed that today's bobbles are made cheaply, that is why it broke. lol

I opened a case with ebay after becoming sick of dealing with her, of course they told me I'd have to ship it back to her at my expense, then she would refund the original price plus shipping.

I offered to eat the shipping, and have her only refund the cost of the bobble ($15.50) but she wants it back because she doesn't belive it's broken. I then offred to take photos and email them to her for proof, but got no response.

!@#$#@!

What a bunch of crap. I have very rarely had issues on ebay, but this kind of crap really makes me not want to use ebay in the future, you just never know what you will come across.

So, either I send it back, pay the $7.00 to ship it, then get refunded the full $23.50, or I just keep it and avoid the hassle. Either way it is going to cost me, and it shouldn't.

Stay away from this seller: spiveyam

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is too bad a seller with that good of feedback is being so difficult. Good to know who to maybe stay away from.

exactly, you would think she wants to keep that feedback rating, but all she keeps throwing back at me is that she doesn't believe it's broke, and wants it back.. It is worthless in the condition I recieved it... She will just throw it away anyway, it's not like it can be re-sold.

Maybe she never opened it to inspect and assumed it was fine, still not cool for a seller with that much experience. Overall I have had many, many positive esperiences on ebay (buying and selling) so even given the "tough to swallow" nature of something like that, I try not to take it out on the whole. Unfortunate definatelly, but rare hopefully.

So, I finally gave in and sent the bobble back to her.

It was no good to me, ended up costing me $6.00 and I got nothing in return.

I'm going to keep a watch out for a while to make sure she doesn't try to sell it again. Seems about her speed.

She would not budge, either I sent it back for a full refund or I get the broken bobble... She still insists that the bobble is not broken, and that I am lying to her. I'm gonna guess that I have a hard time getting a refund out of her, she will probably claim that I sent her a broken bobble in return, therefore I should not get a refund. I think she is looney in the head.

I lost, but losing $6.00 was beter than losing $22.

Stay away from this seller: spiveyam

I have a similar story, Tony. I bought a St. Paul Saints Darwin spinning head bobble (which is really cool btw) from wecoyotesg. The seller charged me $8 for shipping (which is ridiculous) and sent me the bobble without postage! I sent him/her messages for over a week and got no response. I called ebay, filed a claim, and about 3 days later eBay refunded my entire purchase, and I didn't have to send the bobble back. Score one for the good guys.

Edit: I'm going to add this to the bobblehead thread.

Edit 2: Scratch that. I didn't realize there were so many posts about it already.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Got my refund today, shocked me, I thought surely there would be a problem involved. Now that she realizes that the bobble was/is in fact broken, I hope she feels stupid, really stupid.

I want to leave her negative feedback, but I know that if I do, she will do the same for me and Iam currently at 100%. I am not a seller though, so one blemish on my feedback probably won't matter, but her being a seller might tarnish her a little bit. Call me a bad person, but I kind of want to stick it to her...

ok, trying to get this thread back on track. Below is the intent of this thread.

Still have everything listed for trade:

**2010 (1) Jake Odorizzi** T-Rats Bobble

http://hosting.bronto.com/7565/public/Jake_Odorizzi_Cutout.jpg

I have 2 extra fang/bernie bobbles from the 2010 t-rats opening day game

.http://hosting.bronto.com/7565/public/Cut_Out_Front_4Bronto.jpg

(2) Fang SGA Soap Dispenser (2009) They are made out of the same material that bobbles are made of. (box included)

(1) 2010 Fang Snow Globe - Awesome little collectable, very cool!

(1) Shin Soo Choo SGA T-Rats Bobble with box(1)

(2) 2010 CC Sabathia SGA Bobbles

Jeffrey Hammonds SGA Bobble, has a very small chip in the bill of his cap, previous owner touched it up so it is not very visible at all. I also have another Hammonds bobble that was broken and glued back together. I'll throw this one in as well. The head is perfect and unbroken, so if you took the head from the broken one and attached it to the bobble with the chipped bill, you'd have a perfect hammonds bobble. Yes, it has the box too!

Geoff Jenkins Bobble (1) This is not the SGA, but the one that is exactly the same but instead of piggly wiggly and pepsi advertisements on the base, it says Geoff Jenkins instead. The bobble is the exact same as the SGA except for this difference. Comes with the original box, which has 3 clear see through panels.

2006 Cecil Cooper SGA Pinstripes (1)

Here is my want list:

03 - Molitor powder blue w/box

04 - Rickie Weeks Beloit Bobble SGA w/box

04 - Gantner powder blue w/box

04 - Gorman powder blue w/box

08 - Corey Hart SGA pinstripes w/box

2010 - Bernie Stitch-n-Pitch SGA w/box

Rick Vaughn from "major League" bobble

Mr. 3000 bobble

Got my refund today, shocked me, I thought surely there would be a problem involved. Now that she realizes that the bobble was/is in fact broken, I hope she feels stupid, really stupid.

I want to leave her negative feedback, but I know that if I do, she will do the same for me and Iam currently at 100%. I am not a seller though, so one blemish on my feedback probably won't matter, but her being a seller might tarnish her a little bit. Call me a bad person, but I kind of want to stick it to her...

I'm glad you got your refund. You should absolutely leave negative feedback. Only buyers can leave feedback; not seller. No worries. Fire away!
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

• 2 weeks later...

is it hard to file a claim? my girlfriend got hosed a year ago or possibly longer on a box set which never arrived, and the guy did the same thing to the another seller. i told her to file a claim but she never did. it's probably way to late to now, but it cost her 75 bucks (which she didn't really have in the first place)...whats the time frame to file a claim?

i should have just did that for her, since she didn't want to try to figure it out

is it hard to file a claim? my girlfriend got hosed a year ago or possibly longer on a box set which never arrived, and the guy did the same thing to the another seller. i told her to file a claim but she never did. it's probably way to late to now, but it cost her 75 bucks (which she didn't really have in the first place)...whats the time frame to file a claim?

i should have just did that for her, since she didn't want to try to figure it out

One has 30 days to file a chargeback through paypal, and no its not hard.

Its too late for a chargeback through paypal, but there still might be some action she can take with eBay. Its definitely worth looking into. I've always had the best success calling eBay directly. Their customer service number is impossible to find on eBay so just do a quick Google search for it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got the Gorman Thomas Powder Blue on ebay today and was oh so close to getting the Gantner... There were 2 of them from the same owner that ended at the exact same time. I was actually wondering if it was the same item listed twice by accident. One went for 18.50 and the other went for 15.50. Really frosted me that I couldn't get one. I never sit and wait for auctions to win, but this time I did, and by the time I was outbid for the first, the 2nd one ended. Had them both up in seperate windows, got to the 2nd one 1 second after the first ended and it was gone.

I had $18 on the first one, and it held up with only seconds left. Someone sniped me, and by the time I got to the other, it was gone too.

Bummed me out, but was happy to get the Gorman, even though that was more than I wanted to pay.

If one of the guys who got my Gantner is here on this site, I hate you! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Did you get to see the flood of Mr. 3000 bobbles that come out after Christmas? At one point in time there were 4, with one ending early (due to a BIN I assume.) There is one on there now as well. Did you get any of them?

I know for sure it wasn't a SGA, but I don't know exactly where it came from. I had heard it was given out to random people (employees) and to promote the movie, and the bobble does have "Touchstone Pictures" on the back of the base. I can only assume it made it's way into retail shops that have primarily movie related items, but I don't know for sure.

BrewersSuperCollector...which seller did you buy your Mr. 3000 bobblehead from?

i had heard it was given away to cast/crew and extras at the movie. not really sure how many were made or anything. I luckily got mine right when it came out for like 25 or 30. Mine may have originally had a box, but I got it wrapped in bubble wrap, and the box it came in was taped up and had a USPS label on there....I just threw it out not thinking it coulda been the real box.

I got my Mr. 3000 as part of a media kit which included a folder, Stan Ross cards, pennant, 8x10 promo pics, and information about the film. Picked the whole thing up for around $25 just as the movie was coming out.

A few months back there were three in a row that went for well over $100, so I wasn't surprised. I was surprised that the most recent ones weren't fetching as much, but now it seems it's right back to where they were!

Mr. 3000 on ebay since January 1st:

$32.65

$34.00

$18.27 (said it had minor wear, since it is a bobble, I have no idea what that would mean)

then:

$102.38 WHAM-O!

Archived