Brewer Fanatic

Lee a "dead-solid lock" to end up in Houston?

RyDogg66

I have also heard through a friend of mine who is also a friend of Phil Garner, that Houston is going to make a push to get Carlos Lee. Based on this I would consider that a stronger possibility than Carlos ending up in Chicago.

Too many other big fish for Chicago to focus on (A-Rod, Soriano, Schmidt). My guess is that carlos will not sign with them because they will be focusing on other players first.

I think you nailed it, I'd look for the Cubs to go after the "sexy" free agents first. As long as one of them is still available, I think they'll ignore Lee.

Houston, meanwhile, is gonna have some serious cash to spend. Jeff Bagwell is listed by baseball reference as the NL's highest paid player this season at $19,369,019. Pettitte made $17.5M, and Clemens raked in $12,632,307. All three of them are off the books this winter and the 'stros will have money to blow.

Archived