Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-06 Rockies (Smith) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again I can't figure out why Zaun isn't bunting with 2 on 0 outs.... Macha, small, smart baseball! move Fielder and McGehee over into scoring position and take the out let Hart or Escobar try to score them!

I don't know if I would call Wolf's debut "very nice," but at least he did keep us in the game.
Yeah, he gave up the 4 earned runs on 9 hits, but he struck out 8 without walking anyone. He was sluggish towards the end, but once he settled down after the first couple innings it was pretty smooth sailing.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Once again I can't figure out why Zaun isn't bunting with 2 on 0 outs.... Macha, small, smart baseball! move Fielder and McGehee over into scoring position and take the out let Hart or Escobar try to score them!

Bunting Fielder over to 3B is easier said than done.

Wolf 6.2 IP 9 hits 4 ER 0BB 8K's

By no means has me jumping up or done but not bad for the first start. As crewcrazy said, sluggish towards the end but have to figure it is the first start and he in Spring training he didn't get many chance to be stretched out in games. He worked into the 7th and kept us in it so I consider a nice start for him. Not great but good

I think that is a little uncalled for and pretty unprofessional.
Watching the feeds from other teams really gives you an appreciation for our guys, to say the least. I think I remember there being complaints about the Colorado announcers from those of us who have been watching on MLB.TV the past couple years.
I didn't hear that stuff from them about Gomez, but I thought they were pretty complementary before that.

Bunting Fielder over to 3B is easier said than done.

He isn't that slow, figure he is going to get a decent lead off second. If Zaun is batting Lefty if he puts a decent bunt down the first base line that is a tough out. Yes easier said than done but I think it is the smart decision in that situation

I thought Hart hesitated a tiny bit, thinking it was going to carom off that corner of the stands, but it just missed and, thus, threw his timing off.

By the way, sorry to jinx the game with my Stewart comment from this morning.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived