Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-06 Rockies (Smith) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Hart hit it hard, that's good to see.

I missed his first at bat, how was it?

Tapped out to third, but got a reasonable cheer from the home crowd when he was introduced. I'm not convinced he would've gotten that cheer if he started yesterday, but it's a much smaller (and kinder) crowd tonight.
ie less intoxicated
Exactly what I was thinking, but I was trying to think of a nicer way to say it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Wow the Rockies announcers were really laying in to Gomez. I know he flipped the bat but it was almost like they were lipping off to him. When he struck out "let's see you hop around now...sorry buddy."

I think that is a little uncalled for and pretty unprofessional.

I think that is a little uncalled for and pretty unprofessional.
Watching the feeds from other teams really gives you an appreciation for our guys, to say the least. I think I remember there being complaints about the Colorado announcers from those of us who have been watching on MLB.TV the past couple years.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

When Hart got introduced before the game I was surprised with the good reception. I personally would not boo him or any player for having health issues and a .260 and .330 OBP season. Not to mention that showed the ability to walk more. A little down season and bad spring is not worthy of booing or not to cheer for him.

Is it me or does Helton just seem to get a hit every AB vs the Brewers.
Don't you know it.
Career .313/.395/.576 line in 352 plate appearances, so BCI2004 isn't far off. Yeesh.
Man, he does kind of own us. I didn't know the numbers but it just seems he is always on base vs us.

Gotta love Wolf, 7 K's and 0 BB.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Is it me or does Helton just seem to get a hit every AB vs the Brewers.
Don't you know it.
Career .313/.395/.576 line in 352 plate appearances, so BCI2004 isn't far off. Yeesh.
Those numbers are actually worse than his career line of .328/.427/.567.

And even worse than his Miller Park numbers of .298/.402/.606 in 112 PA

Archived