Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-06 Rockies (Smith) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone not able to listen to the Play by Play on TV, Rock just said he was looking at the game notes for the first time, and quite possibly the last. Why am I not surprised...?

I can't say I blame him. There's a lot of stuff to read there.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Did Gameday Audio go up in price this year? Seems more expensive.

I guess it's a choice between reliability and mobility versus struggling to tune in the station from Hudson that, if you hit just the right spot on the dial, comes in audibly in the Twin Cities. Hmm.....

Let's go Fielder!
Is that still the routine up there? When I was in the Cities in the early 90s I did the exact same thing. Good luck with that.
Oh ya! The River Falls station actually comes in pretty good in the car but it's tough in the home. Had to get the gameday audio to make sure there were no issues. Love this free preview of extra innings! Glorious.

Nice hit Casey! You da man.

I hope Kotteras gets a start tomorrow...
I agree, even though Prince managed to score there. Zaun won't be able to play at the pace Kendall did (heck, even Kendall couldn't play at that pace), so it'd be better to get him a lot of rest early on.

Twitter

If this team play more small ball stuff like what Gomez is doing right now I would be estatic! Like Braun dropping down a bunt yesterday, that is awesome. Zahn not dropping a bunt with 2 on 0 out yesterday is the exception and was a bad move even if he did have a hot bat in spring training. The past 3-4 years all we have seen is a team that lives and dies by the long ball. It is nice to see them becoming a more well-rounded offense.

McGehee, if we hold off and win I forgive for your pop up with the bases loaded. Beside for that at0bat he is swinging pretty well right now. Big reason I put no stock into how a batter hits in Spring training.

I hope Kotteras gets a start tomorrow...
Me to, it's only 2 games but Zaun reminds me to much of Kendall. I think Kottaras will start as I think unlike in the past with Kendall, the backup catcher will get a lot of the day game after night game starts.
Let's not sour on Zaun yet. 6 straight years of very solid OBP with some power mixed in, hitting from his weaker side tonight. he'll contribute.

Hey Hart hit it hard, that's good to see.

I missed his first at bat, how was it?

Tapped out to third, but got a reasonable cheer from the home crowd when he was introduced. I'm not convinced he would've gotten that cheer if he started yesterday, but it's a much smaller (and kinder) crowd tonight.

Twitter

Tapped out to third, but got a reasonable cheer from the home crowd when he was introduced. I'm not convinced he would've gotten that cheer if he started yesterday, but it's a much smaller (and kinder less drunk) crowd tonight.

Fixed

Hey Hart hit it hard, that's good to see.

I missed his first at bat, how was it?

Tapped out to third, but got a reasonable cheer from the home crowd when he was introduced. I'm not convinced he would've gotten that cheer if he started yesterday, but it's a much smaller (and kinder) crowd tonight.

ie less intoxicated

I'm not going to ride Zaun off yet, remember how good Kendell started out at first with the brewers and hit almost .500 for like 3 weeks or so weeks, then he never hit again... too early. Ha I thought Kendell was incredible at first and a great pick up and yeah I got a little ahead of myself

Archived