Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-06 Rockies (Smith) at Brewers (Wolf), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that Casey took the pitch where it was and took it to RF like he should rather than trying to pull it. Great approach. Wonder if Hart was watching how that was done.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think Gomez had an incredible at bat. Tried laying down a bunt. Then swung at a hit and run as Weeks was looking in while stealing, then advanced him to third with the grounder to the right side. Great inning and Wolf looked real sharp despite the run.

I think Gomez had an incredible at bat. Tried laying down a bunt. Then swung at a hit and run as Weeks was looking in while stealing, then advanced him to third with the grounder to the right side. Great inning and Wolf looked real sharp despite the run.

I'm just listening to Ueck and watching gametracker online - but I agree. Got Rickie over to 3rd and set Braun up with a runner on 3rd and 1 out, was a productive out.

I find bunts and hustling and making things happening and all that, as exciting as the next guy. At the end of the day, though, an out is an out. Gomez and everyone else needs to get on base, not make exciting outs.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting it through cable, but I don't think WMLW looks bad this year (last year it was awful and all blurry), even on my 50" plasma.

Are you watching the digital feed? I'm stuck on the non digital feed right now and everything is incredibly blurry.

I find bunts and hustling and making things happening and all that, as exciting as the next guy. At the end of the day, though, an out is an out. Gomez and everyone else needs to get on base, not make exiting outs.
I agree, but was that not a productive out?

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Nice spot on the inside corner for that last K. It looks like Wolf might finally be settling down, which is nice. I was worried about his velocity and control in the first couple innings.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived