Brewer Fanatic

2010 Video/Audio highlights... Latest: Ubaldo Jimenez, first no-no in COL history

TooLiveBrew

• 2 weeks later...

Jimenez was awesome yesterday, no doubt about it.

But, his 6 walks got me thinking. Which would you be more impressed by: A no-hitter with 6 walks, or a one-hitter (single) with 0 walks? The latter obviously yields fewer baserunners, and I would probably consider it a better pitching performance, but there's also something to seeing 0-0-0 on the scoreboard next to the other team.

Hits don't generally sway my opinion of a game all that much so I'd be more impressed with the 1-hitter with 0 walks. A pitcher can pitch poorly and not give up many hits, a pitcher can pitch well and give up a ton of hits. I remember watching one of Buerhle's no hitters and just not being that impressed, tons of hard hit balls right at guys, certainly didn't look nasty that day to me.

Archived