Brewer Fanatic

ESPN Fantasy Baseball help

FVBrewerFan

So...my son wanted to join a FBL on ESPN with a group of his friends. I was informed of this about 5 minutes before their draft. Like a good father, I helped him log-on, join the league, etc. I literally had no time to review the rules, roster management, scoring, etc.

As we were drafting, I figured out it's a 10 team roto league using ESPN's "standard" scoring. As it turns out, I'm pretty comfortable with our roster. Here's my problem. I have no idea who we're supposed to be starting. From what I can tell, we have 26 players on the roster, including 9 pitchers. I found something that says you start 23 players, with 3 on the bench. Then it says something about an innings limit for each pitcher? This all seems different than the fantasy baseball I used to play years ago.

I'm looking for help from anyone who plays ESPN roto, and is familiar with their standard rules. Am I supposed to start all 9 pitchers every day? (We have 6 starters and 3 closers.) Then just keep 3 position players on the bench? I feel foolish that somehow I'm missing what the basic strategy is supposed to be for this league. Any help would be appreciated.

There is an innings limit so you have to use some relief pitchers. You cant go in with all 8 or 9 starting pitchers. As far as the starters go, I would guess you could check under the league settings. I dont use ESPN any longer so im not sure I can help you there.

If it all default settings you would need to play 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 5 OF 1 MI, 1 CI, 1 Utillity and 9 Pitchers and 3 bench spots and 1 DL.

Rosters are set daily. Basically all you really have to do is make sure that if you have a player with a game on any given day, that he is in your starting lineup. If you have a full starting lineup and guys on the bench with games choose the best player available on that day.

The inings limit for pitchers is so that people don't add and drop pitchers every day and gain an easy advantage in categories like wins, strikeouts, ect. The default limit is 200 games started. If you only have 6 starting pitchers you won't have to worry about going over that limit.

Houlie24x wrote:

The inings limit for pitchers is so that people don't add and drop pitchers every day and gain an easy advantage in categories like wins, strikeouts, ect. The default limit is 200 games started. If you only have 6 starting pitchers you won't have to worry about going over that limit.

Thanks Houlie, that makes perfect sense.

Archived