Brewer Fanatic

2010-04-05 Rockies (Jimenez) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3]

Random thoughts from the game today.

1. I never liked Macha's appointment at the time, and now he's really beginning to annoy me - for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. There would have been a half dozen anti-Yost threads by now if he'd pulled those moves (or lack of thereof)...

2. Jim Edmonds. Nope, the mere sight of him in a Brewers uni knowing that I have images of him burned on my retinas in both Cubs and Cards unis makes me gag. Then he leaves half of the population of Belgium on base all afternoon. Biased? Guilty as charged, but I don't care.

3. Drunken chick quotient seemed down from previous years. Either this means we are attracting fewer amateurs, or, as Darwin promised, the state's young ladies are evolving into better drinkers. You decide.

4. Gomez and Weeks are scary fast and should do some real damage on the basepaths this year.

5. Coffey even sprinted out to do the opening high fives. Bravo, sir, bravo!

6. Tiny booing for Hart and a little more for Soup. The fans have spoken and this season's scapegoats are...

7. Loudest roars during announcements for obvious choices Braun, Fielder and Hoffman, and less obvious ones like McGehee and Coffey.

8. I have sunburned knees. It's Wisconsin in April so there's basically gonna be no complaints from this fan!

9. I have to find a way to not get Stadium Sauce all over my touchscreen HTC if I want to do in-game updates!

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In hindsight Edmonds switched with Gomez would have been perfect for today. Without hindsight I believe almost everybody agreed that Edmonds should be either #2 or #6. Split away from Fielder. Most of Macha's bad moves or lack of needed substitutions stemmed from the bad lineup.

I should add that one of the unfortunately unsurprising things out of today was the lack of offense out of the bottom of our order. I doubt they will be as bad as they were today but I think many people expect the bottom of our order to be where rallies go to die.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Not sure why everyone thinks starting Edmonds was a bad decision today.

He went 1-4 with a walk. Even against the lefties he did well, he hit the last ball right on the screws. I understand the over reation part in game threads but come one, its the first game of the year.

Anyways, as probably one of the biggest Gomez supporter since the trade happened gotta say even I didn't expect for him to do what he did. Pretty excited for him before the year, now its going to be unhealthy excitment. Obviously he is not gonna go 4-5 every game but still nice to see.

Oh and I would also love to have a good catcher one of these days....

It was indeed a semi-frustrating game to watch (after the fact) but I didn't care all that much since baseball is back. Tomorrow is a whole 'nother story.

Oh, and I absolutely LOVED watching the game in HD here in Arizona on the EI package. Awesome! Even my wife commented how good it looked--especially after we turned on the Butler-Duke game (on a non-HD CBS channel) and she commented about how "grainy" the picture was compared to the Brewer game.

We'll go get 'em tomorrow.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

So ESPN played the angle that we completely suck in their highlights. Didn't show a single good Brewers play, but did show Yo giving up runs and a bunch of pop outs.

So ESPN played the angle that we completely suck in their highlights. Didn't show a single good Brewers play, but did show Yo giving up runs and a bunch of pop outs.

That really doesn't surprise me in the least...

Wouldn't surprise me if they're trying to 'prove' the "experts" correct in they're predictions.

You knew me as Myday2001.

ELCABALLO45[/b]]Not sure why everyone thinks starting Edmonds was a bad decision today.

He went 1-4 with a walk. Even against the lefties he did well, he hit the last ball right on the screws. I understand the over reation part in game threads but come one, its the first game of the year.

Anyways, as probably one of the biggest Gomez supporter since the trade happened gotta say even I didn't expect for him to do what he did. Pretty excited for him before the year, now its going to be unhealthy excitment. Obviously he is not gonna go 4-5 every game but still nice to see.

Oh and I would also love to have a good catcher one of these days....

I couldn't agree more with all your comments my man. I live up in Mnpls and have been saying all winter, just give Gomez a chance, he's really fun to watch and many of you will really like him. Now he's going to do some dumb things too but he's firey and plays hard and that is always great to see! He's got a cannon too!

I think people are just looking to jump all over Edmonds and it's kind of [expletive deleted by mod]. Hart would have looked like Rob Deer on Crack up there against Jimenez (sp). Edmonds had good at bats and whoever complained about him bobbling a ball is just looking to pile on. It didn't even effect anything and it just went right back in his hand. It's not like it was an error or even anything that should have been criticized.

As for Macha, I think people are always way too quick to jump all over our manager. Maybe you don't like the lineup but the pinch hitting thing you can't criticize because Edmonds hit the ball on the screws and he was just unlucky. What else do you want from him in that position?

(edit: language --1992)

Good. That will make it all the more sweet when they grudgingly have to admit we have a good team later on in the season.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Again reaffirming my decision to not watch the baseball recap show(s) on this network. Its good for live sports, and that's all I watch on ESPN. I stay happier this way.

I know it's just one game, but it was an encouraging one, despite the loss. I especially liked seeing Gomez go 4-for-5. I actually have him on my fantasy team, but did not start him (isn't that always how it goes?). Won't make that mistake tomorrow.

Great, now he is going to go 0fer tomorrow.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
I demand you bench him the rest of the year.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived