Brewer Fanatic

May 13, 2008

Prince James

I'm not sure. There was a game that day, but it seems rather ordinary. The Brewers beat LA, 5-3, to go over .500 (20-19) after a stretch that had seen them drop 7 of 10.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I'm not sure the exact date that it was announced, but that was about the time that Braun signed his contract extention.

Also, Braun was on a tear that week (he was named player of the week). He hit 2 HRs against St. Louis on May 12th. Also during the game on the 12. LaRussa and Y. Molina got tossed from the game arguing balls and strikes. Molina tool off all his equiptment and tossed them towards the umpire before he left the field.

So, these items this might have caused some of the activity on the site at that time.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I've noticed that date before and wondered about it too. Without consulting a 2008 schedule, I'd generally assumed that 5/13/2008 fell around the time of the busted badgerblogger rumor about Ned Yost's firing - but that story didn't break until May 19, after the series in Boston.

So I poked around the Major Leagues forum for that time period and came up with a few possibilities:

Capuano decided to have TJ surgery

Barry Bonds faces indictment on 14 perjury counts, plus obstruction

These two developments both broke on May 13 in our forums.

Other things going on in May 2008 included continuing reaction to Gallardo's ACL injury and the changes to the starting rotation that resulted; Ryan Braun signed his big deal (though not until after the 13th), and Eric Gagne said he shouldn't be the closer.

If the other forums remind me of something more obvious, I'll edit this post. You'd think that traffic must have been close to a record on May 15 (Braun contract), May 19 (Badgerblogger story), or, I don't know, September 28, 2008 or thereabouts.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived