Brewer Fanatic

Stetter/remaining options: where to find on BF.net site?

MNBrew

Stetter was darn solid last year. But he's been bad enough this spring that I've started thinking maybe he's the guy that needs to go to AAA if/when Suppan returns.

So, 2 questions:

- Does he have any minor league options?

- Where on BF.net can I find such a list? I've seen them before but now can't find them.

Related question:

The stats on each player haven't been updated for a couple years. This site used to be golden for that. Why doesn't that happen anymore, either?

Thanks.

I think you can almost ignore results for any player in Spring Training. This is especially true for LOOGY's in m opinion. They are put in situations they normally would be in. Mainly pitching to righties. If he can't get lefties out part way in through the season send him down. He has been pretty good getting lefties out previously so we can go with his Spring Training stats or how he has pitched over the last few years.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Yeah, it's kind of buried, but you go to the Brewerfan home page (which we realize is seriously out of date in content, we're choosing to focus most efforts on keeping this the most awesome Brewer fan forum right now), and then select the "Milwaukee Brewers" choice off the sidebar. Then go to the 40-man roster page, which is where you see the Options info, which the Brewers have verified is up-to-date and accurate.

As for the home page, we're keeping the Scoreboard, Player Index, Transactions, Birthdays, Article Crawler, and nearly most other functionality current. We hope to get back into feature story and interview mode soon. Like the "Daily Brew" (abandoned in 2008), the "News" section we feel can be better captured here in the forums, especially with the ability to "feature" threads above the master forum list.

Thanks for the answers. I knew I'd seen that options "counter" many moons ago, but I'd forgotten exactly where it was.

The Stetter element of that question was more of a passing thought, with the options listing location being my main question.

You folks do great work on this site, and I can appreciate the challenge of keeping 100% of everything 100% current. It would be nice if the BF.net player stats (Brewers' & each minor league teams', that is) could become current once again. But I also realize that could be "just one thing too many" or too big a task to keep up with given how the site's usage has evolved over recent years.

I know you can find all that on the Brewers' official site, too. But I really appreciated how, for instance, when someone appear in the transactions page, you could click on their name and find their current stats, a feature which provided all of those moves with a much greater and very immediate context.

Archived