Brewer Fanatic

Your 2010 Nashville Sounds -- Latest: Top 10 Moments

bork
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Sounds site (includes audio in some cases):

As Opening Day approaches on April 7th, we (the Sounds) will count down the top 10 moments from the 2010 season every Monday starting next week. Before the top 10 moments from the 2010 Nashville Sounds season are unveiled next Monday, here is a list of some "honorable mention" highlights that fell just short of the final list. Click the links below each picture for more information about that particular game and moment.

You can also plug in a start date and view how we here at Brewerfan commented on a particular game in the Link Report Archive. You may have to refresh the archive page and type in the date a second time, or at least that's been my occasional experience with the feature.

• 2 weeks later...

The Sounds site caught up with Brendan Katin, who reveals himself as an Eagles fan (sorry, Brendan) and displays a sense of humor about his extended tour of duty in Nashville:

Where do you project yourself starting and finishing the season at?
Obviously I'm hoping to finish the year in Milwaukee, but pretty sure I'll start in Nashville.

Are you aware of how close you are of setting new Sounds career records for home runs, RBIs, and doubles?
Yes, I'm aware of the records. I hope to break them because I'll probably never play for any other teams... and then I'm going to run for mayor!

• 2 weeks later...

The always-entertaining Tim Dillard is interviewed at the Sounds site --

Your new throwing motion. With new pitching coach Rick Kranitz taking the helm in Milwaukee, do you know if you will continue to throw sidearm in 2011?

I was told last year in spring training that Assistant General Manager Gord Ash and then pitching coach Rick Peterson watched film and decided I could benefit from lowering my arm angle. Gord has seen me throw over these many years, and for him to be behind this decision, I knew it was the right career move. I'm looking forward to coming into spring training a bit more polished and effective than last spring.[/i]

You ended last season throwing four consecutive quality starts in the rotation. Do you know whether you will be a starter or in the bullpen in 2011?

I enjoy the starting rotation and the stamina and consistency it requires, however, there are not many right-handed side-arm starters in the baseball world. With that against me, I was told the bullpen is where I'll be looked at this spring. That means the chance to pitch everyday which is very possible with the less straining arm slot.

Link for the full Q&A, good stuff.

• 1 month later...

Archived