Brewer Fanatic

My greatest day was when the Brewers released ___________!

pmg4
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Selig divested himself of the team. He was my hero and he turned into the devil incarnate--intentionally keeping the team down for years, actively trying not to compete. There's a reason the Milwaukee Brewers are probably the second worst franchise in the history of the MLB, next to the St. Louis Browns, and that reason was Bud Selig and his cadre of small time owners who did everything they could to protect their investment. Feel free to be outraged--it's the function of mythology.

I thought Grant Balfour was such a waste of space. Retrospect if we would've kept him, good chance we could've gone post season 2 years in a row. Basically dropping the Mota/Gagne.

More recently Gabe Gross and Kevin Mench. I never had a particularly good reason for disliking either of them but I blamed everything on them. If they pinch hit even and the Brewers lost, I could usually be heard saying, "Freakin Mench. I knew it. As soon as we put him in we lose."

*edit* Let me just add Jason Kendall to that list.

Some "great" names popping up in this thread I love it!

This guy appeared in my MLB The Show game last night pitching in AA in my 3rd season of Road to the Show mode. Greg Aquino. Was glad when he was gone.

this is easy, Gary Sheffield,i was at spring training that day and driving back to the dob son ranch in mesa where most of the brewers players stay in spring training, it was raining real hard and listing to a radio station a lot like wtmj and in there sports update they mentioned it and i was so happy, i got back to the hotel and i actually saw him packing, i wanted to over and asked it he needed help packing just to get him out sooner.

When Selig divested himself of the team. He was my hero and he turned into the devil incarnate--intentionally keeping the team down for years, actively trying not to compete. There's a reason the Milwaukee Brewers are probably the second worst franchise in the history of the MLB, next to the St. Louis Browns, and that reason was Bud Selig and his cadre of small time owners who did everything they could to protect their investment. Feel free to be outraged--it's the function of mythology.

Along those sames lines, the day Wendy Selig-Prieb "released" the team to Mark Attanasio.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I was sad and frustrated about the Sheffield trade. We finally had a real live blue chipper and he had to be traded for less than value because he was a jag. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I agree with this. Even though he was a complete jerk his talent was so great that I didn't like having to trade him.

I was sad and frustrated about the Sheffield trade. We finally had a real live blue chipper and he had to be traded for less than value because he was a jag. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I agree with this. Even though he was a complete jerk his talent was so great that I didn't like having to trade him.

He was a jerk who admitted he made errors on purpose. Good riddance.

My greatest day was when the Brewers made the playoffs in 2008.
There you go! My greatest day was when the Brewers released the no-postseason monkey off their backs.

Though actually, I think I was happier overall for the NLDS game 3 than I was for the wild-card clincher. I was completely relaxed and happy for every minute of the former and pretty nervous (until the end) for the latter.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Franklin Stubbs.

And BF.net's favorite whipping boy for awhile, Chris Magruder. I still remember the jubilant thread after he got DFAd.

Not 100% on this. I'm pretty sure that Stubbs actually worked out a buyout agreement with the team that allowed him to become a free agent and allowed the team to recoup some of his salary. Wouldn't it be nice if Suppan showed some class and did the same? A guy can dream, can't he?

Archived