Brewer Fanatic

Seat Geek & other ticket broker sites

Don Walker had a blog post yesterday about SeatGeek.com. I love using fansnap.com (which someone here introduced to us late last season) for Brewer and Packer games, and this site is nearly identical with a couple of noteworthy improvements. The main improvements are the site recommends if you should wait to buy, or buy now based on ticket sale trends for each game and what percent of face value you would be paying for those seats. I used the site to pick up a couple of tickets 12 rows from the field next the Brewers dugout for a game against the Pirates for 34% of face value ($17 for $50 seats).

What other sites have people used? Any to stay away from?

Gruber Lawffices

I have only sold tickets online and I use StubHub exclusively because that's who MLB is partenered with and they make it very easy to sell tickets that I can't use. Don't have to mail anything. The buyer can just print the tickets.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Agree with the stubhub comment - it makes things very easy for people who sell a lot of tickets and don't have the time to or don't want to dink around. There are lots of fees though, so there are definitely cheaper options for both the buyer and the seller. I don't sell tickets on ebay anymore, because from my experience tickets go for much, much lower on there - for buyers, it's probably a good move. Other than that, I sell tickets enough that I don't even bother taking the time to check anywhere else. And when I need to buy tickets, I generally just wait and buy tickets from scalpers or random people on the street if the box office is sold out or too expensive - I like the flexibility of basically being able to decide on game day if I want to go, and of getting cheap tickets if I arrive late.

I don't sell but I buy and I'd go with EBAY any day over Stubhub. I haven't bought anything on Stubhub for 3 years.

Usually you can find EBAY sellers that need to sell tickets from a particular day, rather than many on Stubhub like bani1717 who are selling lots of tickets (usually to finance their ticket package) and thus want to insure a minimum profit.

Bottom line is with EBAY, you end up paying the true market price more often. Sometimes even ticket brokers that overbought for a particular game will unload them on EBAY for nice discounts.

Slightly off topic...but my family is looking to put together a large group of people (like about 20) to take a bus to a game, probably in June (and probably a weekday day game). Is it best just to call the Brewers to try and get some deal on tickets, or is it going to be cheaper going through stubhub or similar?
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Invader, you need 25 people to get a group discount from the Brewers. Any chance your group could turn out that big? We haven't had a group that big ourselves, but we have had reasonable success going through our ticket rep for fairly fussy seat requests (like a group of 12 in 2-3 rows rather than all 12 in one row).
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived