Brewer Fanatic

What are you most excited for in 2010

monty57

With Opening Day less than a week away, and all the negative vibe going on regarding Suppan, Hart, will Fielder be traded, etc., I thought I'd turn things positive and see what everyone is most excited for this upcoming season. Here are a few of the things I'm really looking forward to:

• Can Braun & Prince repeat last season? Our 3/4 combo is one of the best in baseball. Sure, Prince could be gone soon, so let's enjoy it while it's here.
  • How good are Escobar and Gomez? They may or may not make it at the plate, but with all the hype I'm looking forward to see just how good these guys are defensively.
  • Rickie Weeks - Here's to Rickie staying healthy and putting up the season we've all craved forever
  • Our rotation 1-3. We've been going on and on about the final two spots in the rotation. This is a good thing, as it means spots 1-3 look better than they have in a while.
  • And at the minor league level, I'm pumped to see how well our young arms progress, especially with some of them making the telling jump from A to AA. Will they be major league ready next year, or even later this year? We should find out this year.

We have a lot to look forward to this year... Play ball!!

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I try to be an optimist so I'm looking forward to quite a bit.

• Watching Gomez and Escobar in the field on a daily basis.
  • Gallardo turning from very good to stud.
  • Wondering if Prince and Braun have peaked yet, I think they can actually get better.
  • Watching some of the other young talent in the division: Votto, McCutchen, Wandy, Cueto, Rasmus etc.
  • Listening to Ueck call the game that clinches a World Series berth. We'll actually I hope to be there, but it's good to have a backup plan.

Grilling out in the lot before games, and attending many games started by Gallardo, Wolf and Bush... and almost none started by Suppan or Davis.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm looking forward to watching the improved defense and speed of this team (especially the speed). I think there will be a noticeable improvement in both. I'm also looking forward to seeing some league average offense out of the catching position. I think Kottaras has a chance to surprise a lot of people with his bat. Lastly, I'm looking for a continued increase in Brewer fan attendance at Miller Park and Wrigley for Cubs series's.

Like a few others who have responded, I'm just excited for baseball. Christmas Eve-level excitement. The six months of off-season go by so much more slowly than the six months of "the season."
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

1-Running to check the box scores every day for the minor league teams. When I don't listen to attend the games(which this year looks to be a little tougher to pull off than last year). Namely the pitchers. Watching what to me looks like a potential World Series team with it's pitching continue to develop and stay healthy.

2-Watching Rickie Weeks perform at a level that stops my friends from calling me an idiot for saying he's as talented as Braun or Prince...which I still believe.

3-Kentrail Davis, Brooks Hall, Scooter Gennett...different than #1, I just can't wait to see what some of these guys who we haven't seen yet.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

5 reason's at the top of my head...

1. Carlos Gomez

Can't wait to see this kid put it all together. If only for his defense alone its gonna be fun to watch.

2. Escobar

Watching him play everyday will also be a real treat. Watching him score from first on doubles. Watching him make incredible plays. We have 2 of the most exciting young players in Milwaukee with Gomez and Escobar.

3. Braun and Fielder

Can't wait to see these 2 get better. We have the best 1-2 punch in baseball. We really really need to enjoy these 2 hitting 3-4 in our line up. We are the envy of the league.

4. Yovani Gallaro

This guy has ACE written all over him. Excited to see him turn into the stopper we all know he can be. Big big season from Yo this year.

5. Baseball being back.

No more boring nights, always having something on. Being able to check box scores off the minor league teams. Watching the Twins move into target field, being able to check my fantasy team every day. 6+ months of never being bored.

Grilling out in the lot before games, and attending many games started by Gallardo, Bush, Parra, Narveson, or Villy... and almost none started by Suppan, Wolf, or Davis.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

I'm sure Gregg Zaun's walk up music will more than compensate
Yeah, "Limelight" seemed like a pretty safe choice to already add to the Brewers playlist on my iPod.

I've been wanting a Cactus League taco salad since about mid-October.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I think the pitching staff will be fun to watch as a whole. The rotation is underrated especially Bush and Wolf. It seems like every time I hear something about Bush it's about his 6+era last season while completely ignoring how good he was prior to the injury or his career mid 4 era.

The bullpen has a very good mixture of established veterans and talent. Combined with a pretty good looking defense I think the pitching is going to surprise many people.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived