Brewer Fanatic

Community Forecast: Playing Time

rluzinski

A major challenge for any statistical projection system is estimating playing time. Most current systems just take the weighted average PA/IP for a player over the last few years and ignore everything else. Obviously, there is a lot of other information to consider, which is why Tango Tiger is asking the fans to help him with playing time estmates for his Marcel projection system.

Looks like Brewer fans have been slacking:

http://www.tangotiger.net/survey/

He'll have the survey up for another 24 hours. Let's push the number of Brewer entries to over 50 by then. It took me less than 5 minutes to fill out my survey. I'm interested in seeing the final results for Weeks and Zaun, among others.

I think Weeks will play 150 games this year. I just cannot understand the "injury prone" label being hung on the guy. The thing in his wrists is (was) a congenital thing, and they've both been repaired. I don't think they're likely to cause further problems.

Archived