Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Deal Parra, Gamel, and Salmone to Rays in Exchange for Matt Garza and Kelly Shoppach

The five stages of reaction to an April Fools Joke. First, a shout of excitement. Then realization that this is a joke. Then

extreme anger at being had. Then grief that the trade did not really happen. And finally acceptance at the well-played prank.

No, it is pretty much just annoyance. It is very rare for an April Fools Joke to be funny or clever and this is no exception, especially when the same person does the same lame April Fools Joke.

The five stages of reaction to an April Fools Joke. First, a shout of excitement. Then realization that this is a joke. Then

extreme anger at being had. Then grief that the trade did not really happen. And finally acceptance at the well-played prank.

No, it is pretty much just annoyance. It is very rare for an April Fools Joke to be funny or clever and this is no exception, especially when the same person does the same lame April Fools Joke.

I'll admit I chuckled at it.

Ah, there is usually one detail that I screw up.... Guess that's what happens when you are in a rush to come up with a good AF joke... Sorry to all those whose anxiety I raised today http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Remember next year to watch out for the annual TBWS post http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That said, I am still pissed that the Twins traded Garza for Delmon Young.

I think I would have been okay with this deal. No real need for Shoppach, but I would love to have Garza. He's already been a good pitcher and I don't think he has reached his potential yet.

I would have been more than "OK" with this deal.

I mean, it would have hurt to give up Parra and Gamel, but for Garza?

Luckily I didn't click on the thread until 1 AM on the 2nd, so I had a whole day of April Fools jokes to prepare me. My heart did speed up for a couple quick beats however!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

To the fellows who were "annoyed" by the clearly funny April Fools joke.........lighten up, Francis! Geez, stop taking yourself so seriously!

I'm down in Brazil right now for work, and I posted on my FB site that I "hope to never see the inside of a Brazilian jail cell again." I got a few folks with that one, including a contact of mine here in Brazil. He was all concerned for me and ready to come help me out. Then he realized he had been duped, and he laughed his behind off.

The fine people of Brazil are warm, caring and good natured. And they love a good joke, even one that's not a part of their culture.

Talk about crabby Americans! Get out and enjoy life a little and, by all means, learn to laugh at yourself a little!

To the fellows who were "annoyed" by the clearly funny April Fools joke.........lighten up, Francis! Geez, stop taking yourself so seriously!

?

I went back through the thread and didn't see anyone who seemed upset by this?

I think he was referring to this post... Next year, I pledge to not misspell anyone's name http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Of course, maybe Manny Parra will be converted to an outfield (Rick Ankiel style) by then...

The board has had along standing obsession with Kelly Shoppach, similar to our previous obsessions with Frank Cat, and Gabe Kapler. Though we have AS and JC on the horizon from the farm system, i will nevertheless predict a midseason acquisition.

Yep, totally missed that one. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived