Brewer Fanatic

Clark...

Ok..SO you guys act like CLARK is horrible. Its funny how you guys love him then he next second hate on him. Hes NOT THAT BAD. We could get something. Ive heard rumors earlier this year. Why not now? He knows how to get on base, ok so his 06' year wasnt the best. BUT everyone well almost everyone has a bad year.

Quote:
Ok..SO you guys act like CLARK is horrible. Its funny how you guys love him then he next second hate on him. Hes NOT THAT BAD. We could get something. Ive heard rumors earlier this year. Why not now? He knows how to get on base, ok so his 06' year wasnt the best. BUT everyone well almost everyone has a bad year.

Where did I EVER say he was bad? I said he was average and he makes almost $4 million next year. I can't think of ANY team that would give us something of value for a $4 million bench player.

Ok..SO you guys act like CLARK is horrible. Its funny how you guys love him then he next second hate on him. Hes NOT THAT BAD. We could get something.

Well I figured him as a 4th or 5th guy always. He got here and got a spark, but teams found his weakness. Is he that BAD, no but he was never really that good.

We could get used pine tar from the Tigers (Kenny Rogers), couple of bases from the Cubs (less for Sweet Lou to throw), and hats from the Dodgers ( then Cub fans can't steal them fromm players heads). I would take the bases as Sweet Lou might toss some at Miller Park.

Clark will be back, and I'd like him back. He's a gamer. I think he will bounce back a bit.

Pinch Hitting last three years:

37 AB's - .324 / .457 / .459 / .916

We also need a bench OF bat who can hit lefties. Trading him would create a hole.

I expect Jenkins to be gone, though I would also welcome him back. I think, much to the dissapointment of the majority of the board, that Mench will begin next season getting more time in LF than Gross, though they will both get starts out there. Gross will act as the 4th OFer and top PH option, though could gradually become the everyday starter in LF if he outplays Mench. Clark as the 5th OFer.

vRHP

LF - Mench/Gross

CF - Hall

RF - Hart

vLHP

LF - Mench

CF - Hall

RF - Hart

Bench

OF - Gross

OF - Clark

IF - Cirillo

C - Rivera

Rottino/Gwynn/Nix/Graffy

It'll probably seem silly to suggest, but I just wonder if there isn't some snowball's chance that the Yankees might be a team to offer Clark to. While Clark's overpaid for his production, he's generally health, which can't be said of many recent Yankees, including the outfielders. Cripes, weren't they paying Mike Stanton (or was it Steve Karsay?) or someone $5M/yr. to pitch middle relief? Clark might be the type of guy the Yankees would actually want and pay for to have on their bench.

I think Clark will rebound some, and you can't argue his work ethic. But we do have an overcrowded outfield picture and seemingly more questions than answers. The Yankees have sought recent answers to their roster holes in the infield by signing AND PLAYING Miguel Cairo, Enrique Wilson, Luis Sojo, and Aaron Boone. They may actually be more likely to take on Clark's salary than Jenkins'.

I don't know who they might offer in return, if anyone, and I freely admit I'm just thinking out loud. Rip away....

I think your right...

its going to take a team like the Yankees that wants a veteran bench guy/pinch hitter...I think Brady's days of starting are over, but he's got plenty of value as a 4th outfielder to a team that can afford his salary...

He may not be worth much in return, but i'm confident that the brewers could move his contract without paying any of it..

Archived