Brewer Fanatic

Suppan to Seattle or San Diego?

I'll throw in Carlos Silva, Gary Matthews Jr., Yuniesky Betancourt, & Kyle Farnsworth. Carlos Zambrano could blow up in a big way before his contract is over. Alex Rios is potentially a scary proposition. I don't want a part of Milton Bradley. Brandon Webb may have reached the end of his usefulness through injuries. Edgar Renteria and Ivan Rodriguez aren't giving you much of anything for relatively large paychecks.

Robert

endaround, I actually thought about Magglio Ordonez. We could actually get cash AND a hitter that's a year removed from a good year, in return for Suppan.

Edit: throw in that Magglio would get a big boost from Miller Park vs Comerica

Yes, that's true. But perhaps the Tigers would pay the difference of Suppan to Magglio AND the cost of the buyout ($3million I think). If he does well, he makes $12 million next year to the Brewer (15-3) and that can possibly be accounted for by Hart being traded and Hall off the books

Archived